• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What steel are Nightforce rings and bases made of?

Skyyr

Aviator
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
TN
I was curious and couldn't find anything online. Is it standard mil-spec grade steel? Stainless? Also curious - what finish do they use on their steel, exactly? It doesn't feel like any of the traditional steel finishes that I'm used to seeing.

Re: What steel are Nightforce rings and bases made of?

Are you sure you have the steel ring or the ultra light rings? The ultra lights are made from aluminum and titanium. I am not sure what they use for their steel rings. I believe they are anodized.

Re: What steel are Nightforce rings and bases made of?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure you have the steel ring or the ultra light rings? The ultra lights are made from aluminum and titanium. I am not sure what they use for their steel rings. I believe they are anodized. </div></div>

Yeah, I'm asking specifically about their steel products.