• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What stock for my 7mm Ruger M77 Mauser action

Re: What stock for my 7mm Ruger M77 Mauser action

Do you mean a Ruger M77 action that has a 7mm Mauser (7x57) barrel on it?

Look up "Stocky's stocks" on google. They MIGHT have something for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a 7mm remington mag, M77 model, Mauser action. </div></div>

Built by ruger? Mag length action on the mauser?

There's a number of good replacement mauser stocks out there, if it's a k98 clone then just look for that. I haven't heard of Ruger building a Mauser action rifle called an "M77".

The M77 is a Ruger proprietary design that has it's own special list of features, dimensions and idiosyncrasies.

It'd take a look at a McMillian. You can also do your own custom color combinations with up to three colors at no extra cost (McSwirlly).

I've been considering ordering one for my MKII in 7mm Mag to replace my boat paddle stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a 7mm remington mag, M77 model, Mauser action. </div></div>

Built by ruger? Mag length action on the mauser?

There's a number of good replacement mauser stocks out there, if it's a k98 clone then just look for that. I haven't heard of Ruger building a Mauser action rifle called an "M77".

The M77 is a Ruger proprietary design that has it's own special list of features, dimensions and idiosyncrasies. </div></div>

Yes it is a Ruger M77 MarkII Remington 7MM mauser action rifle.

Can you post a good photo of this rifle,zoomed in on the action? The Ruger 77 MarkII action has some of the features of a Mauser action but it isn't a Mauser.

About the only thing rugers and mausers have in common is the extractor 'STYLE' They are similar but not identical. As far as the stock goes, you might look into Bell and Carlson or Hogue. As mentioned before Stocky's is probably the place to go. Although they seem to have alot of items on backorder

10nyeko.jpg

29fuxpz.jpg

1zx1qh3.jpg

kd4m6b.jpg

Here it is!

Yep,Ruger action,not a Mauser. Has some of the features of the Mauser,but not a Mauser. Different footprint,different stocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep,Ruger action,not a Mauser. Has some of the features of the Mauser,but not a Mauser. Different footprint,different stocks. </div></div>
Thanks, anyone know where I can buy a stock for this?

Do a google search for McSwirly, as mentioned earlier you can do up to a 3 color combination, or just go with the standard colors.

Don't know if it's kosher to post links, but there's a 4th of July special right now on McMillians. I'm going to order a new stock for the same rifle as yours later today. Just been trying to decide on what colors I want.

There is about a 5-6 month wait on them though, so if that won't work go with one of the other choices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cal74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do a google search for McSwirly, as mentioned earlier you can do up to a 3 color combination, or just go with the standard colors.

Don't know if it's kosher to post links, but there's a 4th of July special right now on McMillians. I'm going to order a new stock for the same rifle as yours later today. Just been trying to decide on what colors I want.

There is about a 5-6 month wait on them though, so if that won't work go with one of the other choices. </div></div>
Can you post the link? I searched and have found some replacment stocks but not what I was looking for. Thanks ahead of time!

midwayusa has alot of stocks, brownells has alot to!!

Check out ebay. Stocks are still for sale there as no one has beaten any Kaliforicator to death with one (yet)