• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What the Hell

dar1246

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2008
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
What is the deal with buying brass and other components for reloading. I bought some 308 brass right before it ran out. I heard some powders is hard to get. Now try to find a dam Large Primer. Is people buying this shit up like gold or what???

Re: What the Hell

People are scared. Scared about our financial crisis. Scared about predictions of global economic collapse. Scared about potential civil unrest. And perhaps first and foremost, scared that the current administration may make some portions of their hobby illegal.

I went into Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday and they ain't got nuffin'! Actually they had a new shipment of 45 acp ammo, and they had plenty of .223 50 grain Blitz King loads, but the reloading supplies were long gone. And I don't know when I last saw a case of 7.62 x 39 or 5.45 x 39 ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Is people buying this shit up like gold or what??? </div></div>
Worse!

I've was talking with a friend of mine in ARK. and told him to try some varget in is 308. He went looking for the powder and can't find any. I really don't understand the big scare. Alot of this all the news. Everybody you talk to stuff is out of stock. I don't know why the reloading supplies would go out. Half the people buying guns like crazy have never mess with a gun before. Then they are going to start reloading and to do what. They dont have a place to even shoot. Why wouldn't they buy ammo that is already made.

Screw gold. I wish I was Cabelas selling guns. The people selling the stuff are making a killing on the sells. It floors me!

Yesterday I got an email from Cabela's seeking guns for me to sell them for retail sales.. Bushaster raised proces 3% for all guns uppers and lowers...

This is from the Cabelas in my area. Why???

Cabela's Gun Library Now Purchasing Firearms!
Cabela's Gun Library® is interested in acquiring functional firearms of nearly every description - old and new, plain and fancy - field models and collector grades. Whether it is a single piece or an entire collection, we are always looking to purchase quality inventory. Please call our Cabela's Gun Library for further questions, (402) 861-4813.
Store hours.

My Gunsmith told me he tried to get parts for a AR-15. He said they don't even answer the phone. On the voice recording told him just to leave a message or email what he wants. I call a place today Weideners and they don't even answer their phones. Just get online.

Yesterday on FOX news they had a program where some survivalist are predicting worse case scenarios in the year 2012 and 2014, they are predicting civil war. People see interviews like that and it starts buying binges.

The news is not always a creditable source. But I hear what you are saying. Alot people watch TV and think it is the abosulate truth coming from it. It creates doubt.

If its worth anything my Gander Mountain has lots of large primer, but NO small rifle... Here's there # 218-828-1736

I went to a local gun show today. One of the dealers there was selling cases of loaded Federal ammo. He had about 250 cases of 1000 rounds each on hand. In 2 hours he had sold over 200 cases. When I left he only had a few boxes of 357Sig left. I did score 5000 rounds for myself before it was gone. I have never seen a line at this guys table in the past! No reloading stuff at all.

I haven't even begun to buy for reloading, when I do I will probably walk to whereever has the components with 1k in hand and buy at once....but so far that's not happening - sending a buddy up to Kesselrings to get the last 4 lbs of varget they have......

Someone has 175's on sale so I may buy 2 boxes of 500 of those and use my 7x brass over again......

I guess I'm waiting it out to see if the manufacturers ramp up production, so far not.....but if they do things are going to come down in price and there will be plenty to be had...

...or I'll be piecemealing it together and I hate buying different lot#'s of stuff...

I buy things when I see them, not when I need them. If a store has the primers I like in stock, I buy several boxes regardless of my stocks. If a store has Varget I buy it all. They havent stopped making componets, so it will show up eventually. When it does, stack it as deep as you can.

I have never said "Damn I wish I hadnt bought all those extra pounds of Varget"

Very true..Can't have enough in stock. The prices will start to go up soon. IT is a thing call supply and demand. The more demand for the products the supply prices will rise. These companies will start to realize, HA we can make some real money here. Therefore I think the prices will increase this year. Maybe I'am wrong but it would be my guess.

I am going through the same thing. I literaly just got into reloading. I have to drive all over vegas to piece things together. I managed to get a 1000 pack of primers, powder is tough to get, bullets a little easier.

Sad truth, like was said about all the non-shooters buying guns and ammo, once they realize that any ban put in will most likely disolved by the next republican in office, all the non-shooters will be selling their guns just to get their money back that they feel they wasted. Thats how I got my USP 40 for 500 bux. I understand the need for being prepared as I have a fair amount of ammo myself, but all the paranoia of civil war, race war, feds knocking on your door telling you to hand over your guns...little extreme. And if anything does pop off, most likely will be in the much larger cities, or areas with dense populations. Makes me happy to be in the middle of the desert, but close enough to a city to get by. This is just my take on it, not saying Im right, but common sense....

Bushmaster has parts..I just got some springs and detents from an email order.

That is what my Gunsmith was saying. They do it by email orders. Some of the people that order still like to talk with someone live about their orders. I'am kinda that way. I will look them up on the internet but when it is time to order. I like to talk with the person I'am ordering from. My that is wierd but that is maybe how I was raise.