• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What to buy for NRL/PRS

Goofster

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2021
Colorado
I’m looking to get my first quality scope and was wondering what advice people have on what optic to get. The glass will spend most it’s time on a nrl22 rig but every other month come out to play on my 6.5. So far the top two I was looking at are the Razor gen 18x and the NX8 20x. My main concern is the thing not breaking and staying reliable. Don’t want to spend more than $1700ish. (Can usually find these 2 used, discounted, or as showroom demos in my price range) Thanks.

I’d get the gen 2 razor. No experience with the bf but I’ve heard the eye box is less forgiving than the razor. As far as breaking it the razor is an absolute tank in every term. It’s heavy which is a plus and minus but the thing is solid( I have literally wedged mine in a cattle gate and took paint off the gate without a scratch on the razor. And worst case they fix it but there is a reason it’s one of the most popular scopes in the game

I’d get the gen 2 razor. No experience with the bf but I’ve heard the eye box is less forgiving than the razor. As far as breaking it the razor is an absolute tank in every term. It’s heavy which is a plus and minus but the thing is solid( I have literally wedged mine in a cattle gate and took paint off the gate without a scratch on the razor. And worst case they fix it but there is a reason it’s one of the most popular scopes in the game
Thanks for the tip

You can find the 3-18 Razor II for $1393 at Liberty optics. Just add it to your cart for that price.

PRS numbers from what their members use. I'll just leave this here. ;)
IMG_1096.jpg

Reactions: Baron23
Not to mention they hold their resale value and it was my first scope too lol only after 2 years did I upgrade

You can find the 3-18 Razor II for $1393 at Liberty optics. Just add it to your cart for that price.

PRS numbers from what their members use. I'll just leave this here. ;)View attachment 7538760I’ll check out the link thanks.

Razor is an excellent scope but you may want a scope that parallax's down to 25 yards for NRL 22 matches. I use a Athlon ETR which does. I actually have a Razor 4x27 but can't recall if it does at 25 yards. Specs say 32 yards.

Razor is an excellent scope but you may want a scope that parallax's down to 25 yards for NRL 22 matches. I use a Athlon ETR which does. I actually have a Razor 4x27 but can't recall if it does at 25 yards. Specs say 32 yards.
I haven’t looked much into athlon optics. I’ll do some research

The 3-18 Razor he is looking at does parallax down to 25 yards. With the 4.5-27 it’s listed at 32 yards but if you power down you can get 25 yards at about 18-20x.

Reactions: SepticDeath
I’m looking to get my first quality scope and was wondering what advice people have on what optic to get. The glass will spend most it’s time on a nrl22 rig but every other month come out to play on my 6.5. So far the top two I was looking at are the Razor gen 18x and the NX8 20x. My main concern is the thing not breaking and staying reliable. Don’t want to spend more than $1700ish. (Can usually find these 2 used, discounted, or as showroom demos in my price range) Thanks.

For that money, it's pretty much a no brainer with the razor gen2. Check out the tracking tests on here. Statistically pretty much all of them track nearly perfectly