• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What to do to my 6.8?

mckelveymx

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Alabama
i have a standard bushmaster 6.8 spc ar-15 1/10 twist 16". carbine 4-rail, mako grip/bi-pod, nikon 3-9 scope. what should i do to this gun to make it "perform"? no experience with ar's

Re: What to do to my 6.8?

What do you mean for "perform"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">performance would be how fast you could sell that POS on guns america </div></div>

lol.......

or better yet ....got to ar15dotcom....the real brain trust is over there...............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKelvey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> what should i go to from there? </div></div>To a caliber for which decent high-BC bullets are available.

1) remove complete upper assembly, save scope for your rimfire
2) sell complete upper on AR15dotcom for more then you paid for the whole rifle
3) install AA 6.5 grendel upper

congrats! you now have a performing gun!

First off replace the crappy trigger that comes on stock AR`s with a Geissele Non-adjustable Combat Trigger, or one of their adjustable DMR triggers.
Then if you can`t fine a load that shoot worth a darn install a White Oak Armament 6.8mm Barrel and make sub MOA rifle out of it.
Just remember a 6.8mm is not a long range round.