• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to do with Wildcat ammo?

CavJock07

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Richmond, Texas
Years ago I built a 22-243 that I used on hogs, coyotes and deer culling trips. I rebarrelled the action and don’t have anything chambered in it now. I have 300 loaded rounds and the 26 inch 1-7 Hart barrel that was on the gun. Is the ammo scrap? Is there a market? Ideas?

Thanks

I would imagine the market is pretty slim for a used wildcat barrel. As the previous poster mentioned, pull the bullets, dump the powder, scrap the brass, and post the barrel for sale. If you don't mind waiting awhile i'm sure somebody somewhere might snag it for cheap.

You could post it up Craigslist or Offerup first. You’ll never know. Someone might be looking for it, albeit slim chance. Worth a shot?

The market for reloaded ammo is pretty small, especially wildcat cartridges. I would salvage the bullets, and maybe the powder if you are certain what it is, maybe salvage the primers, and scrap the brass.

Why is nobody suggesting the best option: build another rifle to fire that ammo... :)