• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to drink in Finland ?

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
I am currently doing a stint in Helsinki Finland and need some help on what to drink and what to stay away from . I have tried Karhu and Sandels beer and both were lacking . Newcastle is available here but 3.09 Euros a bottle is prohibitively expensive for casual drinking . Jack Daniels is 32 euros for a fifth which is way to expensive for a second rate bourbon IMO . Should I just stick with Vodka and orange juice for the duration or is there something that doesn't suck that won't bankrupt me to drink .... LOL

By the way 1 euro equals 1.309 dollars at the moment so you can figure from there ;)

Actually its not my friend right now . Most of the stuff they recommend online can't even be found locally .

In the evening, go to a bar. Observe. Do what they do. Rinse your mouth out the next morning. If necessary the next evening, repeat.

Be careful in early December. December 5th/7th or there abouts is their 4th of July. I found myself going home with two sisters for a house party than the next morning took sauna with her brothers and old man. For breakfast we ate smoked salmon - no smoked eel if your thinking thats what happened in the sauna - and the old man had me drinking vodka out of a flask that looked like a fire extinguisher that shot the alcohol down your throat. He was a Winter War vet.

Fun people. Enjoy the Midnight Sun.

I think the bar I went to was the Hot Apple. Make contact with the MSG's at the Embassy and they should be able to tell you where to go, what to do, who not to do and what to drink.

Last edited: