• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to expect with a JP brake on my AAC-SD 308 ?

crowsniper1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2003
ky.
Im having trouble getting used to the 20" barrel on my AAC rifle so i figured i would try a brake on it to try to tame the recoil and muzzle jump a bit.Any of you guys use this brake ? Is it going to be so loud its miserable to shoot?
8640956225_242038f9e9_b.jpg

8398999807_5244870488_b.jpg

Ive got that on a 20" savage .308. it's pretty loud when you're to the side, but fine for the shooter. Awesome recoil reduction as well.

I just had one installed on my 260 Rem (mostly for aesthestics, but recoil reduction for long range sessions). I should get it back from my smith in the next day or two. Interested in the comments.

if you need really reduce the perceived recoil, the inner space inside the buttstock can easily contain until to four lbs. lead plug_ said that, I'm following your post because in another thread I've expressed more or less the same curiosity, whithout answers until now_

It won't be miserable for you, just for those next to you. I had one on a 20" 308 and while it did tame recoil a little, it really sucks for your shooting buddies. When your first cold bore shot from the prone blows mud, sand grit, and other random Georgia nastiness all over your buddy's brand new GAP hospitaller....well that's just not socially acceptable. Especially when he was ten feet away. I found that my POI shifted significantly without the brake also and I HATE wearing ear pro in the woods, electronic or otherwise. Therefore I shitcanned the brake. Proper fundamentals should mitigate any recoil issues on a 308 anyways.

I have the coolie brake and its great. It isnt bad for you as the shooter at all. If someone sets up right next to you they may complain but good thing for me it keeps others from squeezing in on my spot. Very easy to stay on target and watch the vapor trail on the way in.