• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What to pull out next from vintage trash crate?

VJJPunisher

Necromancing the stone
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
prison purse
Any votes on what abortion to try and slap together into a steamy pile of hot garbage?
IMG_6042.jpeg

Looks like a MG15 from Luftwaffe is in there. 75 round saddle magazine and receiver/pistolgrip at the bottom.
A delightful weapon usually made by Krieghoff.

Reactions: lyman
Looks like a MG15 from Luftwaffe is in there. 75 round saddle magazine and receiver/pistolgrip at the bottom.
A delightful weapon usually made by Krieghoff.

Correct, mg15 kit. Been on the back burner because I’m not sure in my researchings and inspecting it/brainstorming that a semi auto conversion can even be done on one. Just not enough space in the reciever design to add a striker or hammer system so still thinking on it

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
More than likely gonna start next on the DROR, a real enigma on why the Israelis even came up with it, it’s big, stupid, blocky, and heavy. They made it in a time when there were already successful light mg’s or squad auto weapons. My brain keep going back to why didn’t they just buy BAR’s, hell they bought shit tons of our 1919’s during the same time frame

The plywood crate that Maxim is in would probably make a wicked nice coffee table!

Sirhr

Actually it’s a water cooled mg15. But you may be into something, maybe I should just dump the parts kits all in the crate and fill it with acrylic, let set up, and use as a coffee table that you can see a pile of trash parts in…………

Actually it’s a water cooled mg15. But you may be into something, maybe I should just dump the parts kits all in the crate and fill it with acrylic, let set up, and use as a coffee table that you can see a pile of trash parts in…………
No balls

More than likely gonna start next on the DROR, a real enigma on why the Israelis even came up with it, it’s big, stupid, blocky, and heavy. They made it in a time when there were already successful light mg’s or squad auto weapons. My brain keep going back to why didn’t they just buy BAR’s, hell they bought shit tons of our 1919’s during the same time frame
I cannot remember the complete story, but basically they were given some Johnson LMG's and apparently liked them well enough to build some at home,

Reactions: VJJPunisher
that MG15 was probably brought in from some Balkan country, the green usually means Romania, or some similar country, they got a shitload of them after WW2

Reactions: VJJPunisher