• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What to use

Csteven

Private
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2022
    Williamsburg va
    So I was browsing my local Field and Stream the other day and they had a Steiner t5xi on a big discount from 2269 to 980. So I bought myself a christmas present. Now my dilemma is what do I use it for. Here is what I currently have, looking where you think the new scope would fit in the best.

Ruger precision rifle .338 lapua Athlon Midas Tac 5-25x56 moa. 30rail on gun and a f3r 34mm 20 moa cant 1.35 high. This scope has 110 moa of vertical adjustment. Pretty happy with the optic if anything the eyebox seems a little tight. Myself and a couple of friends recently joined a club here in Virginia that allows us to shoot out to 2600 yards although the longest target in the light rifle class is about 2100 yards. I purchased this rifle primarily just to shoot at this club. I entered my first elr match back in October and did well enough to want to keep trying.

Bergara hmr premier 6.5 prc 30" inch Krieger barrel on it in an xlr element chassis. Athlon Midas tac 6x24-50 moa scope on it with 30mm f3r mount 1.00 high 0 cant. I use this rifle at a 1000 yard match I go to about 4 times a year. Its a prone match with no movement so set it and forget it kinda deal.

Bergara b14r steel barrel in a bergara bmp chassis with 20 moa rail Leupold rings prsw i think with an athlon argos 6-24x50 moa I just recently tried my first nrl 22 match and had a great time but that would be my primary type of shooting for this rifle.

So it would seem obvious to get the Argos off but just looking for advice on how or where to put the Steiner it has 26 mil of elevation by the way. I also have another 34mm 20moa f3r mount as well as an accuracy international 34mm 18moa mount 1.25 height

.338 load - 285 eld-m n570 92.2 gr peterson brass 2675 fps

I appreciate yalls input

The Steiner only parallaxes down to 50 so swap the Midas 6-24 which goes to 10 yards onto the rimfire and put the Steiner on the big gun you’ll use most with the Midas 5-25 on which ever is left.

Reactions: Baron23
    Its not a 22 NRL scope.Put it on the riflethat will shoot the farthest.I have the Bergara HMR Pro in 6.5 PRC. I shot it to 2780.Its a nice rifle.My 7 SAUM shoots equally as well. However I had to upgrade to keep going farther with a bigger cartriudge & bullet.Good Luck.You caught a god deal.