• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision What tube would you want in your clip on?

Personally, I’ll take any tube that comes with the lady in that video! 😁

Actually that video was amazingly freaking clean and you can tell that it’s a PVS 27 by the fact that when lights are out of focus you get that doughnut effect.

Very cool... very clean.

Wouldn’t it be awesome to see something worth like 80 line pair per millimeter in one of those units

Last edited:
Reactions: WHBD
The lower the halo reading the more susceptible the tube is to recoil damage. Or any vibration damage for that matter really, even dropping it while it’s powered on. The ITT and L3 “WG” (weapon grade) tubes that I’ve seen are all higher halo tubes as well. Most of those being around 1.0-1.2 to be exact. The tube that came out of this 27 is a F9815 wg. I’m going to do a little estimate on the halo compared to other tubes when I get a chance. I have a couple Elbits with 1.0-1.1’s to test it beside. But yes, a .6 halo tube would make me nervous in a 27 for sure.

Jay

I have an Omni 7 10160 WG tube that has something around a 0.5-6mm halo. So it’s possible to have WG and low halo. Though I was extremely surprised when that tube came in!