• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What was the point again?

Winston_H

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
At the beginning of 2020 I started shooting for the first time in my life. I hired a USMC trained instructor to tell me what's what. I can now shoot off a tripod and hit a .75 ipsc torso at 1200 yards. I own everything under a half mile on first shot as long as its not running. I can shoot off bipod and tripod out to 1200 yards and standing freeform with a Ching sling out to 300 yards and sometimes 400. I can hit accurately out to 100 yards with a 12 gauge shooting slugs, though my first love is 00 buckshot Federal. I can pop off rounds from pistols but I think they're a joke unless someone's right in your face.
So what should I do now? Where do I go from here? I need a vision, I don't know what the point is anymore.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: RRW and ken226
tenor (5).gif

That's quite the introduction there.

If you can shoot that good, I'd suggest next you sign up for every PRS and other rifle match you can and start cleaning up the prize tables.
Then once you have won all the matches in that class, try moving up to the ELR class and see how you do at matches that start at 2000 yards and go out to 4000 yards.

I hired an old moonshiner to teach me shooting.
Now I can hit a 16" plate at a mile off a hickory stump, offhand with a thirty thirty i can shoot the quarter moon on a shithouse from 200yds with Buckhorn sights. I can hit a speed limit sign with double naught buck, doing 65, resting on side view mirror.
Yeah but can you hit a speed limit sign with a beer bottle from the drivers side. Hey maybe that’s the OPs next challenge.
Now on to the popcorn 🍿

At the beginning of 2020 I started shooting for the first time in my life. I hired a USMC trained instructor to tell me what's what. I can now shoot off a tripod and hit a .75 ipsc torso at 1200 yards. I own everything under a half mile on first shot as long as its not running. I can shoot off bipod and tripod out to 1200 yards and standing freeform with a Ching sling out to 300 yards and sometimes 400. I can hit accurately out to 100 yards with a 12 gauge shooting slugs, though my first love is 00 buckshot Federal. I can pop off rounds from pistols but I think they're a joke unless someone's right in your face.
So what should I do now? Where do I go from here? I need a vision, I don't know what the point is anymore.

Look up some competition sports for the skills you have and start using them. Learning what to do is one thing. Using the education is another entirely.

Claims to have mastered tripod shooting when he shot off of one for the first time 8 days ago. This is going to be good...

Inquiring minds want to know, who was your instructor? Or is that secret squirrel classified?

Claims to have mastered tripod shooting when he shot off of one for the first time 8 days ago. This is going to be good...

Inquiring minds want to know, who was your instructor? Or is that secret squirrel classified?
So you're saying just because I can hit everything under a half mile on first shot with a tripod and hit 1200 yards also there is more to tripod than just fucking shooting accurately? We set up the tripod, my instructor told me what's what, and I fucking shot and landed. Why does that mean there's more to the tripod and I haven't "mastered" it? You extend the legs to get the apex roughly level on uneven ground and you fucking shoot off it, dips*hit. Next session we will work with a sling on the tripod to reduce sight jitter. Is tripod some kind of big arena in your mind? Its just a fucking platform to shoot off.

So you're saying just because I can hit everything under a half mile on first shot with a tripod and hit 1200 yards also there is more to tripod than just fucking shooting accurately? We set up the tripod, my instructor told me what's what, and I fucking shot and landed. Why does that mean there's more to the tripod and I haven't "mastered" it? You extend the legs to get the apex roughly level on uneven ground and you fucking shoot off it, dips*hit. Next session we will work with a sling on the tripod to reduce sight jitter. Is tripod some kind of big arena in your mind? Its just a fucking platform to shoot off.

tenor (5).gif

Here:
Lemme help you.
360354.jpg

I'm sure somebody here has a .223 with a brake I can use your shoulder as a platform.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Lol, you're so full of shit. "Hit everything under a half mile" my ass. Shoot some PRS or NRL matches and show us all how it's done. When you get your ass handed to you come back eating some humble pie.
Well since I don't know what PRS or NRL is you could be right and that's the point of this thread, where should I go from here? Taking my time I hit everything under a half mile on first shot. If that impresses you then that means either I'm better than I thought or you are a troll or both.

So you're hollowing out dimes at that distance? You said you can hit anything. And I'm not impressed, you're full of shit with your supposed shooting prowess.

Well since I don't know what PRS or NRL is you could be right and that's the point of this thread, where should I go from here? Taking my time I hit everything under a half mile on first shot. If that impresses you then that means either I'm better than I thought or you are a troll or both.

This retirement is like a time warp. Is it Friday night already? Obviously I've missed a few days this week.

no you are right. it is easy to hit under 900 yards with a good platform.
doing it under pressure, in various positions, while timed, on a windy day? probably a lot different.

Seems like pistols is your weak point. Maybe practice that more. You should sandbag some comps by shooting only from support side if you’re as dialed in with long guns as you think.

Reactions: Winston_H
GO TO PORTLAND, OREGON........... Please!

So you're hollowing out dimes at that distance? You said you can hit anything. And I'm not impressed, you're full of shit with your supposed shooting prowess.
No I'm not hollowing out dimes, I'm hitting a steel plate in general, but the one at 1200 yards was a .75 IPSC torso according to my instructor. To tell you the truth I'm flattered by your anger. I've laid out facts, my instructor would back them up if I asked him to which I won't because I wouldn't waste his time and I don't care much about this thread. Maybe my targets are much bigger than you assume when I say I can hit under a half mile on first shot. You didn't ask if I'm aiming at a barn. They're steel plates, some of them 24 inch squares and some smaller. But that's expected in the firearms world, men with low acuity are not uncommon.