• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk What weight 6mm bullet?

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    What weight 6mm bullet....6mm dasher, 6mm Creedmoor, 6mm BR, and specifically the .243 Winchester...is being used for PRS?

That's what I figured. I have a rifle using a Remington 700 Varmint bbl'ed action. It has 9 1/8 rh twist rifling. I can get 1/2 moa with 75 g bullets, where 100 and above barely get 2 moa. The 100 g plus bullets are Berger VLD's set .02 off the lands. Should I try touching the lands? The 1/2 moa 75g bullets are SMK's. Any thoughts or suggestions on what might work for this gun/twist rate for PRS?

I worked on a load for a friend with the same gun 9 1/8" twist. I could not get any of the heavier bullets to work with multiple powders. I ended up using the Berger 95 grain VLD with IMR 7828. I would think the 95 grain Sierras would work well too. You definitely want the highest BC you can possibly get, so I would go heavier than 75gr. Good luck.