• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What will fit?

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
I have a Win Mod 70 that I added a ER Shaw #4 contour barrel to. Of the variety of rifle stock options that I could go with, which ones could accomodate a 1.125" dia. entire length barrel? I am not 100% happy with the bedding job that I did with a custom Boyd's thumbhole. Would a McMillan, AI, or Manners stock accomodate a barrel that big?

Just looking to upgrade.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...677#Post1133677

Re: What will fit?

Garddog,

Ok I'll bite, hook set. Probably not the answer you want to hear, but
that's not a barrel you have on that rifle, its a rifled sewer pipe
wink.gif
Bet it shoots good though.

Anyway, my humble advise is to go right to the horse, and try calling:

623-582-9635 McMillan Stocks
816-283-3334 Manners Stocks

Don't know the number offhand for AICS, but their US rep posts here on the hide.

I sure one of those outfits will have the answer for your rifle....

Does a gunbearer come with that rig??? Just asking.....

Regards,

Bob

Thanks much for the info, I did not intend on you having to thumb through the yellowpages for me. I will contact the manufacturers directly. I was just hoping that someone here had dealt with a #4 contour barrel before.

My 11 year old has to serve as gunbearer when he gets lippy... No, I am a fellow of large stature, so carrying the weapon is not an issue. I have not scaled the High Sierra's yet, but toting it is not a problem for me.

Nothing but good things to say about Scott at McRees Precision. Quick follow up on my email and even got a phone call to sort out the particulars.

Thanks Scott!!

check out mannersstocks.com, if I remember right they list the barrel dimensions on their stocks under each discription. Give them a call, they are good people.