• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What will you do when

teknikallysekure

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • The government comes to take your guns, but you're not home that day to take up arms against them?

Of late the issue of if and when the government comes to take my guns has began to concern me.

I work a regular 8-5 M-F job, and I know the government knows I have guns because I post on snipershide.com all the time, 5000 times in 3 years in fact(that's 4 and a half posts a day).

I like to imagine that when the government comes they'll wait until I'm home to start taking my guns, but I've watched a few movies about Russia and it seems like there's a possibility they may in fact attempt to take my guns while I'm at work.

When and if this does happen what are some good legal strategies to get my guns back?

Serious responses only please.

Re: What will you do when

I hope they wrench their back carrying the safe out!

Another question, for maybe another topic: Since many of us here are law enforcement, and thereby "the government", what will you do when you're ordered to go seize guns from the already law-abiding public?

We've had this discussion many times in our circles...mostly around election years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sierra2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope they wrench their back carrying the safe out!

Another question, for maybe another topic: Since many of us here are law enforcement, and thereby "the government", what will you do when you're ordered to go seize guns from the already law-abiding public?

We've had this discussion many times in our circles...mostly around election years.
    </div></div>

I think the overwhelming response that we see over and over again in these threads is:

Civilian: "Wolverines"

Police: "Keep my oath"

Military: "Keep my oath"

If it's of any consolation.

send all your gunz to me BOLTRIPPER, i'll make sure that there are no orphans, and you would be awarded with visitation privledges , the will be in a good place.

don't forget the boolits too!

I don't think you would have any legal action if the "government" has come to take your guns. By that time, there would have been a law enacted and it is too late to think legal action against the "government". Whose to say that they don't find your guns, and when questioned..."I am a law abiding citizen. I heard that all guns were outlawed so I destroyed what I had. You can look in my burn barrel and sift through the ashes for the serial numbers if you are so inclined to do so.
    *edit*
    Also, you should, keyword "SHOULD" be covered under the 4th amendment for search/seizure and there should not be any entrance to your residence without you there. In that case, anything seized may be "Fruit under the poisonous tree" and can't be used against you in a court hearing. However, if there is no court preceedings, I don't know if you would have a leg to stand on still.

When we no longer have recourse to the Law anything of value that I want to keep and that I don't carry on a daily basis will be sold (buried in Sealed PVC pipe somewhere). Don't get caught unawares.

As far as the keeping of oaths, it is much more difficult to dissent on the spot, in the fog of conflict, away the safety of the garrison. Just look at the Katrina disaster for recent historical perspective. Until and for such a time join Oathkeepers.

And if Boltripper can't get all of them in his safe, I'll take the overflow!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The government comes to take your guns, but you're not home that day to take up arms against them?

Of late the issue of if and when the government comes to take my guns has began to concern me.

I work a regular 8-5 M-F job, and I know the government knows I have guns because I post on snipershide.com all the time, 5000 times in 3 years in fact(that's 4 and a half posts a day).

I like to imagine that when the government comes they'll wait until I'm home to start taking my guns, but I've watched a few movies about Russia and it seems like there's a possibility they may in fact attempt to take my guns while I'm at work.

When and if this does happen what are some good legal strategies to get my guns back?

Serious responses only please. </div></div>

But this is all hypothetical..., which according to you is "mental masturbation" for which you are ostensible "passed master".......duechebag.

Incidentally, courage I didn't know clowns worked a 9-5.....

Or do you just feed(not spank) the monkeys?

I hide all mine in a secret lair. Deep beneath the pool in the backyard

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waveone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The government comes to take your guns, but you're not home that day to take up arms against them?

Serious responses only please. </div></div>

But this is all hypothetical..., which according to you is "mental masturbation" for which you are ostensible "passed master".......duechebag.

Incidentally, courage I didn't know clowns worked a 9-5.....

Or do you just feed(not spank) the monkeys?

</div></div>

you don't say?

whistle.gif

Consider...Cops (no offence) like to work 9-5 just like the rest of us and if they want them while you are gone, they will just go in and get them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lex Luther</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Consider...Cops (no offence) like to work 9-5 just like the rest of us and if they want them while you are gone, they will just go in and get them. </div></div>

The implications here are confounding.

My doorways to my house have a security system that sprays female goat pheromones on any intruder. Then I just wait for my brother the MARINE to take care of them. He loves goats.

I'd like to think you wouldn't keep all your eggs in one basket, as well I'd also like to think you've bought some FTF / off the paper trail guns.

That said don't think you'd be able to resist even if they came when you were home. What's to stop the gov stormtroopers from grabbing you as you leave home / go to work? The lessons of Waco have been learned and only the most brash would insist on a direct frontal attack / confrontation.

Conversly your actions to keep your guns would require talking about awful things, things that would violate multiple laws, basically the end of your life as you know it.

I'd like to think you wouldn't keep all your eggs in one basket, as well I'd also like to think you've bought some FTF / off the paper trail guns.

That said don't think you'd be able to resist even if they came when you were home. What's to stop the gov stormtroopers from grabbing you as you leave home / go to work? The lessons of Waco have been learned and only the most brash would insist on a direct frontal attack / confrontation.

Conversly your actions to keep your guns would require talking about awful things, things that would violate multiple laws, basically the end of your life as you know it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac the knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My doorways to my house have a security system that sprays female goat pheromones on any intruder. Then I just wait for my brother the MARINE to take care of them. He loves goats.</div></div>

Now that ought to do the trick.

Every one assumes it will be by law, enacted by congress..... Didn't they (Feds, or local authority?) declare marshall law in New Orleans, and confiscate away? Granted one would think they would have to return them in a situation like that. But assume there was no stated end to said marshall law. All in the name of your protection, and that of your neighbors.

What would Maser do without his bb gun?

just like in this thread
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2046840#Post2046840

obviously, if the government actually got the power to take your guns, then why the hell do you still have them in the house?

naturally there would be some kind of heads up that such a thing is going to happen, either pending / passed legislation that would be so highly publicized, EVERYONE would know it's coming, SO WHY HAVE THEM ON HAND?

and if they did take them, probably take up tactical long range knife throwing, or revisit playing darts or golf.

This discussion is a red herring. The "government" is ran by elected officials who want to keep their job. Gun control is not practical or popular. "Divide and conquer" is the rule of keeping your firearms. Don't have them all in one place. Spread the love around
    grin.gif

Ammo control, on the other hand, is a different matter. Controlling ammo and components would not violate the 2A and can be done incrementally. Just look at what happened when the current regime came to power...massive ammo shortage. The market can be manipulated by nothing more than rumor and test balloons to achieve the desired results.

Lastly, if your guns are taken, no worries. Do as Bobby Lee did. Find a hot chick who will loan you her .22 and an empty pop bottle. Then you can get whatever guns you want. They may not be "yours" but they will get you through until the 2A is reestablished.

Seriously, we don't need our guns as much as we need our brains. A gun is just a tool. The gray matter between your ears is the weapon.

Well the government also knows I'm getting laid off and will probably sell all of my rifles ON snipershide so I won't HAVE any rifles for them to come take
    smile.gif

They can't take my mind tho.

First thing you do is you head on down to the station after work. The station will have less people there, the whole 9-5 thing being at play, so parking should be easier and you will have less distance to carry your cache back home. Next, without introduction, ask them if they have your guns in storage, and that you're there to see them. They will probably try and give you the runaround about authorized personnel and evidence and stuff. Nevermind that. Tell them "I'll be back" real calm-like. Then return to your car, park a little closer, maybe inside the station, and rain down a futuristic hell on them with their own weapons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    They can't take my mind tho. </div></div>

That's what they want you to believe.

You're feeling sleepy, you don't want to own guns anymore...

2955m50.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: earthtrekker1775</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we no longer have recourse to the Law anything of value that I want to keep and that I don't carry on a daily basis will be sold (buried in Sealed PVC pipe somewhere)....</div></div>
    BATF = Bury All Thy Firearms

When the government comes to get your guns you won't have any LEGAL recourse. And if you still have them at that time they will come for you as well.