• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What will you do with yours!

shoot4fun

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2003
    Riverside, Alabama, USA, etc
    It's what I have done with mine (and my wife's)!

Attachments

• Image 8-10-20 at 1.07 PM.jpg
      Image 8-10-20 at 1.07 PM.jpg
      273.4 KB · Views: 308
    I ain't getting shit, and I'm not pissed about it.

I am pissed about the President using Executive Order to dole out my hard earned money. Especially after .gov handed out $1.4 billion in stimulus money to dead people.
    We got the first one but it's anyone's guess what this round will be. I haven't heard or read what is different in this round.
    The EO thing, I think, was saying to the House & Senate "get off your ass and get something good done!"
    It's the thing he used EO the most for in his administration.
    What gripes my ass more than anything is Pelosi talking trillions like it is chump change.

i bought an ivory handled colt with the last stimulus check.

might make it a pair if they send me another.

Overall, I was surprised that we qualified for round one. My wife and I are both retired and out annual income is very good so we really didn't think it would get to us. My son owns his own company (small hard work business) and he got the stimulus as well. What was surprising was how little the PPP his business qualified for was.
    In the end, he has wound up having to take his first SBA loan to make sure he can stay afloat.

I dont qaulify, but glad to see it going back to those that do. I know it was likely stolen from them at near the same rate they steal it from me!

I put the first one on a Seekins CQ PDW. The second, if it comes will go on my dental implants! Don't laugh my young friends, your time will come!

Well, look at it from my side of the aisle.
    If the payroll tax is stopped I won't get any benefit at all since I am not on anyone's payroll.
    :cool:
    I don't qualify for that either. Man, this whole white privilege thing is working out great for me. Trying to make me a poor, by giving the poors the same purchasing power as I have, all the while funding the whole shit show with my money. Sweet!

• Haha
    Reactions: shoot4fun
    Seems like all the hard work to better yourself gets you penalized when there are "free" government handouts. (n)

Reactions: Wading
    i’d like to see it all abolished and just go to a flat tax across the board. doesnt matter what you make, it’s x%. no child credits, no income credits, nada. and if you didnt make anything, you get NOTHING. refunds become extinct.

you want justice? this is the path to it. i think the “payroll tax holiday” is a step in that direction. there is going to be some squaking when folks realize how much they’re getting clipped each paycheck.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
    i’d like to see it all abolished and just go to a flat tax across the board. doesnt matter what you make, it’s x%. no child credits, no income credits, nada. and if you didnt make anything, you get NOTHING. refunds become extinct.

you want justice? this is the path to it. i think the “payroll tax holiday” is a step in that direction. there is going to be some squaking when folks realize how much they’re getting clipped each paycheck.
    I have long been a flat tax proponent as in a fair tax that removes the loopholes for the ultra-rich and giant corporations.
    The biggest stumbling block to enacting a fair flat tax system is lack of the lack of trust we have in our legislative branch. What is the proper order for changing the tax codes so dramatically? Do we enact a flat tax before repealing the current federal tax codes? That is the way it should be, as we do need to know what we are getting before we dump what we have. Thing is, if we did it that way, what is to keep Congress from failing to repeal the old code and, thus, double taxing the people?

Reactions: Steel head
    Paid too much in taxes last year to qualify... Most unfortunate. However I’m just glad I didn’t have to be out of work. My girlfriend bought a computer though while she was making more on unemployment due to furlough. This is the way.

I covered for several of ya'll from the first go around. Let your conscience be your guide, but you should send me some obligatory ammo. Pretty much any flavor is acceptable.

I have long been a flat tax proponent as in a fair tax that removes the loopholes for the ultra-rich and giant corporations.
    The biggest stumbling block to enacting a fair flat tax system is lack of the lack of trust we have in our legislative branch. What is the proper order for changing the tax codes so dramatically? Do we enact a flat tax before repealing the current federal tax codes? That is the way it should be, as we do need to know what we are getting before we dump what we have. Thing is, if we did it that way, what is to keep Congress from failing to repeal the old code and, thus, double taxing the people?
    I’m also a proponent of flat tax.

A flat tax is the only fair, blind, unbiased, easiest, way to pay taxes as a society. Anyone that can't understand that just can't understand logic and reason. What can be more fair about everyone paying the same rate regardless of your position in society? The crooks running the show will absolutely never allow it. It would make it so much harder for them to keep robbing from the cookie jar in the name of favoring one group over another while their true intent is padding their own pockets.