• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would be a fair asking price?

Re: What would be a fair asking price?

If'n I was buying I'd say 20% off of median online retail price, but you'll need to get a mag for it beforehand.

250 give or take is my best bet... I mean, you don't have a magazine for it and that alone could scare away an incredible amount of potential buyers. The cosmetics you described also would scare away many people... I think you'd have a hard time selling it honestly. I don't know how much it would cost you, but if you're hell bent on selling the thing then list it up somewhere as is for the lowest YOU'RE willing to go on it, and see how well it does. If it sells then good job, but if it's obvious that it isn't going anywhere then you should look into fixing it up. Maybe finding some inexpensive action screw replacements and a used magazine if you can find one. Also, I can't remember the brand name, but there is a product out there that will fill in dents and scratches on the surface of wooden stocks and it looks good as new. Try to find some of that if it's not too expensive and make the gun look new again! Then back to the sales portion of your journey.

I'm also going to send you a PM because you've sparked my interests
wink.gif

-Dylan

Your post could be interpreted as trying to make a sale and is a serious no-no if you have under 100 posts. It could earn you a permanent time out.

You may want to just hang it on the wall as a reminder to not work on firearms and sell your tools.

Do you have a garden? Could always use it for a tomato stake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may want to just hang it on the wall as a reminder to not work on firearms and sell your tools. </div></div>

^^ For the win! ^^

I mean really...what are you realistically expecting to get out of a badly treated, components-missing, hacked-up/beat-up, bad-trigger havin' CZ452?!?!

You can "fix" some of your F--- ups easy enough. Get a new trigger spring ($7+S&H). Get a new mag (or a good condition used one...$30 give or take +S&H). Get some new action screws ($19+S&H). By pumping $75 or so into it to fix your mistakes...you can probably recoup some of the obviously lost value, but at the end of the day, it still has a rough bedding job, a gouged up stock and who knows what else. I still wouldn't give you more than $250 for it MAX because I can buy a brand new, unmolested one for $400 + $10 to my FFL for his troubles!

While i do think you are seeking advice and not trying to cheat the rules, some moderators might not take to kindly to your post. Regardless, If i where you i would invest some money in the gun and try to fix some of your mistakes and maybe when you are down you will like the results. If you dont, you now have a rifle that will be a lot easier to sell. best of luck to you

Ryan