• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would benefit me more? Stock or Scope

sst04

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2010
Milledgeville Ga
I have a Savage 10fp with Bushnell elite 3200 5x15. The gun shoots sub moa with handloads. I did have to stiffen up the Tupperware stock so I could shoot off a bipod because it was twisting and touching the barrel.

Question is, which would you get first, as I cant just buy both at once? And when I do get a stock, I was wanting to add the metal to make it a detachable mag, so that would add to the cost.

As far a Scopes, I was thinking about a used NF, or something comparable. I dont have a problem with what I have out to 500, but have not tried it any further than that. I hope to shoot in a F class match and maybe a tactical rifle match this year.

Re: What would benefit me more? Stock or Scope

as long as your scope is repeatable and has enough moa in it available. replace stock dbm first. being more comfortable behind the rifle will help more than the target being alittle clearer.

xlr industries can hook you up with a chassis that will convert your rifle to use aics mags and its under $800 i think.

Stock.. I have a 700 with that scope.. I would go stock first.. Those scopes are pretty decent scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sst04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Savage 10fp with Bushnell elite 3200 5x15. The gun shoots sub moa with handloads. I did have to stiffen up the Tupperware stock so I could shoot off a bipod because it was twisting and touching the barrel.

Question is, which would you get first, as I cant just buy both at once? And when I do get a stock, I was wanting to add the metal to make it a detachable mag, so that would add to the cost.

As far a Scopes, I was thinking about a used NF, or something comparable. I dont have a problem with what I have out to 500, but have not tried it any further than that. I hope to shoot in a F class match and maybe a tactical rifle match this year. </div></div>

forget about the scope! I had a $2,000 custom rifle and a $1,500 5-20x50mm scope and I had my ass handed to me by diggler44 and company who were running 3-9 variable and 10x fixed scopes at my first match practice shoot. I mean, it was really bad.

For $2,000 less these guys showed me what shooting every chance you get, range time under all sorts of weather conditions, and mastering one rifle and scope before buying more crap will enable you to do. Unless your optics are shit or your stock is acting like play dough on a hot day, spend your money on ammo/reloading and your time shooting down range.

Or join me in coming in dead last!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sst04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Savage 10fp with Bushnell elite 3200 5x15. The gun shoots sub moa with handloads. I did have to stiffen up the Tupperware stock so I could shoot off a bipod because it was twisting and touching the barrel.

As far a Scopes, I was thinking about a used NF, or something comparable. I dont have a problem with what I have out to 500, but have not tried it any further than that. I hope to shoot in a F class match and maybe a tactical rifle match this year. </div></div>

forget about the scope! I had a $2,000 custom rifle and a $1,500 5-20x50mm scope and I had my ass handed to me by diggler44 and company who were running 3-9 variable and 10x fixed scopes at my first match practice shoot. I mean, it was really bad.

For $2,000 less these guys showed me what shooting every chance you get, range time under all sorts of weather conditions, and mastering one rifle and scope before buying more crap will enable you to do. Unless your optics are shit or your stock is acting like play dough on a hot day, spend your money on ammo/reloading and your time shooting down range.

Or join me in coming in dead last!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I like your thinking, definitely cheaper.