• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would you do with my Bell & Carlson stock

lima27

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2011
I have a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock. I bought it about a year ago with the intent of buying a Rem 700 AAC and just dropping it in and putting a Weaver 3-15 on it. Never got around to doing it and now I really want to finish it. I am not liking the AAC idea anymore and was wondering what you all would do. I was thinking about building the whole thing from scratch, but I am not sure what to get. I would like to keep it to around $1500 for the action and barrel. If anyone could let me know if there is any parts that I could miss and any tools I might need. It is a short action stock.

Re: What would you do with my Bell & Carlson stock

Assuming your stock is inletted for a Remington 700 short action.

buy a donor rifle and use the action, trigger, and bottom metal for the build. You should be able to find a used 700 for $300-500.

Custom barrel=$315
True action and chamber the barrel=$250-350 (depending on gunsmith)
Skim bed stock if necessary= $100-150

Total=$965-1315

I'd go with a Stiller action and a Schneider, Krieger, Shilen, or Bartlein barrel just to name a few.

Price will be pretty close to your budget.-

Another option is to buy a SPS or AAC drop it in. Shoot the hell out if it then barrel it up later with what ever you want. I did this a couple years ago with a SPS in 223 and I'm still rocking it with 69SMK's. It just shoots to good to do anything with right now. Inside 600 yards it's a hammer.