• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What would you do?

jerseymike

NJ LEO
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
Central, NJ
I currently have a 18.5" 308 700 with a SB 3-12 MTC. I recently built an 18" AR SPR in 556 and have a HDMR with a G2 coming in for it.

Would you keep the schmidt on the 308, and put the HDMR on the SPR or put the schmidt on the SPR and the HDMR on the 308?

Re: What would you do?

I have a 3-12 on my 18 inch spr and think its perfect. The hdmr is to big for a 223 ar in my opinion.

Rich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 3-12 on my 18 inch spr and think its perfect. The hdmr is to big for a 223 ar in my opinion.

Rich </div></div>

^^ This for the win! ^^ I'd swap out the optics between those rifles and not look back. I think you'll find the 3-12x more than adequate for the SPR and the additional magnification/features of the HDMR will be more at home on your .308 bolt gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSG3K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 3-12 on my 18 inch spr and think its perfect. The hdmr is to big for a 223 ar in my opinion.

Rich </div></div>

^^ This for the win! ^^ I'd swap out the optics between those rifles and not look back. I think you'll find the 3-12x more than adequate for the SPR and the additional magnification/features of the HDMR will be more at home on your .308 bolt gun. </div></div>

Exactly what i was thinking.

Put the scope you like best on the gun you shoot most. May as well use what you like most of the time, regardless of it being the best fit on paper.