• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would you do?

3O8Junkie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2011
The Great NW
Ok roughly a month ago I bought a paid for a Noveske N6. When I received it in the mail the lower a well as a portion of the upper were pretty badly blemished (phosphate finish rubbed off in multiple places), upon contacting the selling company they agreed to exchange the rifle and aid it might take a few weeks. It has now been 3 weeks and I am getting antsy for my rifle.

The original purchase decision was between the N6 and the LWRC REPR which is a few hundred more and a piston system as most of you probably well know. What I am pondering now is asking the company to knock off a few hundred for my time and trouble and just exchange the 18" N6 + a couple hundred for the 18" LWRC REPR.
Am I crazy? Should I just wait it out and stick with my N6? As Washington just passed our suppressor bill the adjustable gas on the REPR is that much more attractive as I intend to purchase a can now that we can use them. I am just feeling antsy here and wondering what you ladies and gentlemen might do in my situation?

Re: What would you do?

take your bunched up panties over to ar15dotcom....they do all things AR and they have a braintrust there that should help.

Its YOUR rifle and ultimately...YOUR decision as to which you would prefer. Both have their advantages and disadvantages when you compare them side-by-side and only YOU can be the judge as to which best meets your needs.

Now, as to the seller, exchange, etc.: I wouldn't be terribly concerned about a few weeks. You were told there would be a delay. It sounds more like buyers remorse at this point than anything else.

Do whatever will best allow you to sleep at night and not obsess over how many views/responses your thread is getting.
wink.gif

Without seeing the extent of the "blemish"; I think it's pretty ridiculous to have sent it back, and now complaining about the wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShooterMcGavin33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">50 views and not 1 comment? I find it hard to believe no one has an opinion?!?</div></div> I can't believe YOU don't have an opinion. Asking a company to knock a "few hundred" off when that's probably more than they're making on the whole sale is a long shot in the first place.

Like George Carlin said: "Calm down... have some dip."

I am not trying to complain about the wait I am also far from having buyers remorse..
@ Tallshot you introduce me to the guy that will accept his new $3k dollar rifle covered in scratches and I have a "brand new" N6 to sell him..
It is far from ridiculous to expect a flawless rifle for the price I paid. It is also important to note that as soon as the company saw the pictures they offered to exchange the gun. I was just looking for thoughts not "obsessing about posts" they already offered a couple hundred dollars in free gear so I thought taking that off the price of another rifle would be the same difference but I am not math major. If I can find them I will post the pics of the rifle for fun. Believe me the only remorse I have in buying this rifle is that I have multiple cases of ammo for it and can't shoot it yet...
IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Would you accept those marks on a $3k unfired rifle? I'm just saying..

It wouldn't be the same difference because when you consider their wholesale cost to them on those products vs. MSRP and then compare it to actual money you're asking to be taken off the rifle, it doesn't add up.

Patience is a virtue.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShooterMcGavin33</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg
</div></div>

You seriously sent the rifle back because of THAT?

Was it something you were planning on selling in ten years as a "NIB" Noveske? Were you going to shoot it at some point?

I understand when you pay for something you want it perfect. If I got the rifle advertised as new and it was scratched like that, then I would definitely have called the seller and asked for some compensation. There is no way in hell I would have sent a fighting rifle BACK because it has a scratch on the receiver.

damn son, I was expecting there to be some real fucked up gouges or something, the pics you provided look like any one of my 3 gun AR's after ONE day of training.

I don't know that you've helped your cause by posting those pics. It really doesn't look that bad in the pics (but I'm sure it looked worse to you in person). Any way about it...you received the rifle in a condition other than what was described/promised and you certainly have every right to be irritated about it.

If it were me, I'd have probably gone a different route than a complete return/replacement of the rifle and I'd have settled for a discount off the original price either returned in cash or in kind with additional merchandise from the seller in mags, scope rings/mount, etc (sounds like they'd have gone for something like that from your description of how they have handled themselves thus far). Trust me...if it is going to do anything other than sit in the safe or sit on a bench at the range...it would look far worse than that in a matter of months if it were mine!

I wouldnt have sent it back but if I did and they did the right thing, I wouldn't ask for money back. They have great CS and their rifles are top notch.

You would have accepted your new rifle looking like that? Want to buy it? lol
It wasn't purchased from Noveske it was purchased through a 3rd party retailer online.
I actually felt the same as you about keeping it. That is until the first round through the weapon broke the magazine and the idea that something had happened to this weapon somewhere between Noveske and myself started to seem very likely. you misunderstood Newyork. I still have the rifle, it isn't getting returned until they have a replacement for it. I am not asking for money back, I was looking to upgrade and spend more with them on a rifle that they actually have in stock. In reality I love the N6 thats why I bought it, I just want to be able to shoot it lol. I am in no way trying to scam anyone and to be honest your the first person who has heard/seen this issue that says they would have accepted the rifle looking like that. Maybe my expectations are a bit high but I have been to a few gun shops and none of the $3k rifles look like that.

As already mentioned, you'll put more scratches/rub marks on it first training session. While I like to put the first character mark(s) on a new rifle, I would not have returned/exchanged that rifle. Might have asked them to send me a couple mags to compensate for the scuff you have shown.

Shorter answer to your question...yes, you are crazy.
wink.gif

Give them a call or shoot them an e-mail requesting a date you could expect rifle to arrive. Nothing wrong with pinging them for some information.

First round broke the magazine? Well, that is new information not in the original post.

How did the magazine break?

I did shoot them an email the response was "no ETA on the N6's"
They actually said they don't even have a replacement mag for the one that broke so that was out as well. This was the reason I posted this I was looking for real opinions on the issue. Your right the blemishes are minor but I freaked out when the magazine broke with 1 round through it when coupled with the blemishes it seemed weird to me.
The gun is still sitting here and I was just looking for responses like this to help me make my final decision on whether to actually return it or how to go about dealing with it. I am sorry if I came off as a douche. This is my first rifle purchase and I guess I just expected it to look/work like the other N6's I have seen and shot. I appreciate everyones responses on the subject.

New is New and should look it, if it's blemished it should be priced as such. If you went down to buy a new motorcycle and the tank had a nice sized scratch and sales man says "no big deal & no discount" you would tell him to "GFYS"

The plate that sits atop the spring in the magazine snapped in half after feeding the first round into the chamber. I have a picture of that as well. Yes I did leave that out of the original post I am sorry.
IMG_0046.jpg

Follower broke on magazine on first round, correct?
Send me a pic, I've probably got a spare follower I could send you to get you up and running.

Just to clarify the gun is still in my hands I was looking for thoughts! The general consensus seems to be that I am anal and I should just keep the gun and work out something with the company. I appreciate all of the colorful commentary and you have helped me decide to just keep it and be happy. This gun will be no safe queen, it will be crawling through the bushes of Southeast Alaska this year so blemishes are expected. The company is ok with throwing in a cleaning kit and a nice sling or something so I will probably just go that route or get them to refund the cost of a new magazine so I can buy one directly from Armalite to replace the broken one.

Didn't say you shouldn't be compensated, said I wouldn't send rifle back because of scuff mark.

Broken magazine and scuff marks on rifle I can see where it could create some doubt about overall condition of rifle. I don't see how scuffs on mag well would cause the failure of magazine follower. I'd put in another magazine and carry on.

I don't have an extra GenII follower. I'd contact Armalite, let them know what happened. Bet you'll have a replacement follower in short order.

You currently only have one magazine for this rifle?

The Noveske's I have bought only come with a single mag (downer for a $3k rifle, but beggars can't be choosers).
wink.gif

Armalite will hook you up with a new follower if you contact them. Call them or e-mail CS with a pic of the broken follower and explain this was a new magazine used one time. It happens sometimes and since they don't sell mag parts individually (only rebuild kits)...the usually try to take care of customers when these issues creep up.

Also, while you have them on the phone, order a 5pk of mags for $150 ($30/mag). That price is as good as it gets anywhere unless you can get the dealer you bought the N6 from to cut you a deal on some mags for <$30/mag.

I'm more curious about the silencer bill. This actually passed??? Did Gov. sign it yet? When does it go into effect?

@ FCS yes currently 1 mag for this rifle. I'm with ya FCS, I also decided not to return the rifle. I just got off the phone with the company I purchased from. They are replacing the magazine, sending a free otis tactical cleaning kit and a 2 point sling for my troubles. I purchased from Riflegear.com and have to say they have some of the best customer service around.
@ ORD I will contact Armalite and see about replacement parts, thanks for the heads up!
@Xmark yes it passed with something like 48-0 just waiting for the Gov's signature. Should be in effect in 90 days as I understand it.

Thanks for the pics.

Yes, I would have been miffed about the nicks, but I feel there would be more in the life of the rifle. I would not have sent it back for that, assuming it shot well.

Now, I probably would politely try to negotiate something, especially the mag issue.

Thanks Tallshot.
This thread did what it was supposed to. It got the serious gun people to give their opinion on the situation and helped me make my decision! Appreciate all of the input especially Adam B "are you going to shoot it or fuck it?" I originally intended both as hookers around here run a bit less than that!

This is the superior finish quality that AR-10's have compared to other manufactures
wink.gif
- Dull, grey, uneven and scratches easier than any receiver I've ever had (except for my AR-10's that I don't have anymore). I don't know that I would take the time to send it back just because of the scratches because the finish tends to do that. Just understand you're going to get similar scratches just by taking it in and out of the safe (aka safe marks). If you use Duracoats special oil made for their finish it will almost completely hide the scratches and make the rifle look a lot nicer IMHO