• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What would you pay??

CK_32

Saving Ryans Privates
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2010
Ok so I wasat work the other day and me and a customer were shooting the sh*t about guns and I showed him a picture of my M4. he went crazy about it and told me he wants it like ASAP. I told him I'd help him build one and let him do his own but he said no I seriously want yours and I have the cash like now. Again I told him I can save you some $$ if we just build you one rather than me sell it and he said I want yours because it's ready to go and looks legit as f*ck...... Hahaha

So my question to you guys is how much should I sell my rifle for... I don't want to cut my self short nor over sell the guy... I have a base price in my head to make some $$ on it and still have enough to build another one...

So what would you guys pay or sell this for.. Being a generous buyer with out cutting me short..

Specs

BCM AR15/M4 16" 1:7 flat top 5.56 upper
Mega Arms "Gator Grip" lower
DPMS LPK
Troy Flip DIA Optic
Daniel Defence Omega 7 rail
MagPul XTM/ Troy rail covers
MagPul MIAD Grip
MagPul CTR stock milspec
BCM F/A HP/PT BCG
2 window 30 Round PMags
4 Black PMags
RaddLock Bullet button
MagPul AFG1
Tasco AIMPoing M4 clone
Standard Hard Case

photo29.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-2.jpg

photo32.jpg

Only have about 200 rounds in it. So it's still fairy new.

Re: What would you pay??

How much did it cost YOU to build it? How much will it cost YOU to replace it?

Those are two things to consider when pricing anything, especially a firearm.

I leterslly got just about EVERYTHING on this rifle on sale. It was almost fate but I'm thinking to get everything full price would be some where around $1700 or maybe a little more... Which is what I was expecting to ask for it maybe $1800 to be on the safe side.

Okay, then sell it for $1800 if he's willing to give you that much. Then, take the money and get you a POF P-415.
wink.gif

+1 on Killshot's comments (especially on the POF).
wink.gif
Additionally...if the guy REALLY wants your rifle that badly and HAS to have it ASAFP, then he can pay what you ask for it or F--- off down the road and put one together himself. Just the time/effort alone that you have in your setup is worth "something" in addition to just the "replacement" cost. I'd be tempted to tell the guy $2k and its yours...no negotiations. I don't think that would be out of line or otherwise "price gouging" the guy if he wants the rifle that badly.

But that's the thing I'm the seller I want to sell for $5k hahaha but what do you guys think is a fair price for it?

As ORD said, sell it for $2000. That's a fair price considering the time and money you have in it and how much time and money it will take to replace it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But that's the thing I'm the seller I want to sell for $5k hahaha but what do you guys think is a fair price for it? </div></div>

First...do you REALLY want to sell it because I get the sneaking suspicion that you are really torn about making this deal?

Second...if you don't mind selling it and either replacing it with a POF (preferred)
wink.gif
or building a replacement, then move on to the question of value.

If you are ok with selling, then I would figure out what the replacement cost of parts/supplies/accessories/etc. would be (don't forget to figure S&H costs, etc....not just the dollar value of the parts, etc. themselves) and then add 10% to that amount (give or take) which will assist with the "down time" you will have to build another one, wait for parts, etc., or wait for one to arrive from POF. You indicated that you figured that it was worth at least $1700 or more. Add 10% to $1700-1800 and you get to around $1.9k-$2k. That's what I based my "guesstimate" on when giving you a $2k pricetag. Again, if you have a motivated buyer who is willing to pay for your rifle in the condition it sits because he wants it NOW without waiting, building, etc., then he can pay a REASONABLE value for it which includes more than just the "replacement" value of parts, etc.

Honestly I don't want to sell due to it being my baby but inwouldnt kind selling to a guy and just having a new baby part 2 and maybe go over to a middy or have the same exact rifle but be able to afford the optic I want from the money I make on it...

I'll let him see what about $2k and see where it goes from their either way I don't mind selling for that but don't mind keeping her either

Okay, not to bust your balls but if you honestly don't want to sell, why did you ask how much to sell it for?

I'd take no less than $6,000 for my setup but even if someone walked up with cash in hand, I wouldn't sell it. Why? Because I'd like to trade it for a Desert Tactical Arms Scout in .308.
wink.gif
LoL

Don't be emotional about it. Doesn't matter if you got it on sale or not. If someone wants to buy something from you on the spot then sell it. Its not weather or not you searched high and low to find the parts cheap/on sale. Its what can you buy them for tomorrow to replace what you just sold.

I can never replace a rifle for the money I sold it for, just how it works out. So either you take the money and be pissed for selling it so cheap, or get enuff that you can buy all the parts to replace it tomorrow. Its simple really.

Hands down on just buyin a POF for the replacement, then all you have to do is choose which one, what finish and what options you want to change on it.

So...you guys would rather have a DPMS over a POF, is that what I'm hearing? Ha. Yeah man, sell for a profit after what you will pay NOW for the parts. He doesn't want to invest the time(which =$) so make him pay for YOUR time.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I would make 100% sure that all this:</span>

BCM AR15/M4 16" 1:7 flat top 5.56 upper
Mega Arms "Gator Grip" lower
DPMS LPK
Troy Flip DIA Optic
Daniel Defence Omega 7 rail
MagPul XTM/ Troy rail covers
MagPul MIAD Grip
MagPul CTR stock milspec
BCM F/A HP/PT BCG
2 window 30 Round PMags
4 Black PMags
RaddLock Bullet button
MagPul AFG1
Tasco AIMPoing M4 clone
Standard Hard Case

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cost you $1700 including shipping.</span>

Then I would add a few hundred for time spent waiting for and putting it together.

Then put that towards what you really want. Thats the only reason I could see selling it, is if its not exactly what you want.

A few hundred dollars might not be worth the time without your "baby" while waiting to build the same gun.

<span style="font-weight: bold">^ Basically...X5 what everyone else said
</span>

I have the same DD Omega 7 rail on my SunDevil AR, I like how light it is but its super short.

If I could do it over again I'd go longer, with a compact gas block that sits under the rail. Also I would not have tried to save $40 by getting Midwest Industries flip ups and would have got the Diamonheads or Troys, The MI's are nice but not built/designed as tough. If I could sell my gun today, for a few hundred more than I have in it... I would

The POF is thick in this thread... I'm slow paying on my POF 308 right now haha.

No if I can sell for around $2k and make a few $$ I can just rebuild the same rifle but new with an optic. So either way sell it or not I come up. But I'm just making sure when I say 2k I don't look like a fool. Like asking $10 grand for a beat up ford pinto....

I've dealt with people like that, that say"I'll pay you what ever you want for it....CASH". Then you pull a $3k-6k dollar firearm and their response "I didn't think it was that expensive". I wouldn't get to excited about selling it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">I've dealt with people like that, that say "I'll pay you what ever you want for it....CASH". Then you pull a $3k-6k dollar firearm and their response "I didn't think it was that expensive".</span></span> I wouldn't get to excited about selling it.</div></div>

Sounds exactly the same as when I've had my rifle with me at a few gunshows. People are really interested in looking, handling, and wanting to know how much I want for it...until I tell them the price and suddenly, they'll "think about it" and get back with me.

What are those idiots thinking, that some miracle will happen and they'll get a $6000 for 1/3 of the price? Not in this lifetime, or the next!

I'm not dead set on it because I figured that's what's goingto happen but he's a marine so I see him maybe dropping $$ on a toy he doesn't need but annimpulse buy. And he has expensive taste from the $800 pistols he has..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not dead set on it because I figured that's what's goingto happen but he's a marine so I see him maybe dropping $$ on a toy he doesn't need but annimpulse buy. And he has expensive taste from the $800 pistols he has..</div></div>

There's a big difference in having expensive taste and buying an $800 pistol, and dropping $2000 on a rifle. LoL

I don't think many here would call an $800 pistol expensive........these guys are freaking crazy when it comes down to their toys. I shoot only countersnipers scopes and hipoint pistols

you never get out what you put in. its always a matter of finding that one person that will pay your asking price or taking a loss. its a fine line. if you have someone on the hook, set that hook and start reeling

I don't know what to tell you, if the gun has other value, such as your "first" then it's going to mean more to you than it will to him. but, if it was just alot of spare parts thrown together into frankengun just because you had the parts, it might be worth more to him than it is to you. lastly if you don't want to sell him yours i got a noveske for sale...

Do you actually know this guy? I ask because anyone who HAS to have my rifle right now because it is "legit as f@@k" is a red flag in my book.

Assuming the guy is "legit" pull the $2000 price out and if he dosnt want it offer too bad for him. You've only had 200 rounds thru it? Heck you havent even gotten to play with it.

Just my 2 cents.

Rusty

Yea he's a cool guy comes into my work often. Pretty young guy. Reason for his wording haha

Yea I'll see and if he wants I'll let him talk me down to $1800 if not I'll just stick with my baby =]

Thanks a ton guys. Hopefully this works out and I can get one of the new BCM uppers and finally get that aimpoint

Well you guys called it. He was like I got cash right now I'll give you $1100... I was like can't do it sorry haha and he was like you didn't even do anything to it just put this stuff on there and I was pike yea and THAT STUFF costs $$ lol

But it was worth a try.

I bought a rifle which was also a mega machine with similar components except it had a Krieger barrel and an YHM hand guard for $700 a few months ago on gun broker. After I changed the stock to make it NY legal and paid shipping and transfer fees it was $850. I would say that without the sights and optic a fair price would be $800 to $1100. At least that’s what a rifle like yours is selling for on gun broker. If it was me I wouldn’t pay more than $1000 for the whole package. If you can get more great.

Gun broker is the #1 place for under selling IMO. I've seen too many amazing deals on a daily there. And my rifle is new. Shot it once and then put all my doodads on but that's your optinion. I put in at least $1400 maybe more after fees and rifle is still new. I'd be dumb or desperate to sell it for anything less.

you see it alot at shows. guys asking 100% of what they got in it. the thing is you gotta find someone that wants just what it is, recognizes the effort and parts selection. and is willing to pay that for a used gun. i know you say its new, but its had shots fired. just like driving a car off the lot. thats why i never expect to get what i have in anything unless im prepared to wait or take a loss. its easier to just stop selling off my guns, lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gun broker is the #1 place for under selling IMO. I've seen too many amazing deals on a daily there. And my rifle is new. Shot it once and then put all my doodads on but that's your optinion. I put in at least $1400 maybe more after fees and rifle is still new. I'd be dumb or desperate to sell it for anything less. </div></div>

I'm a little curious how you have $1400 into it? That is a $700 upper and maybe a $400 lower. I don't think I know anybody who has sold a rifle for more than they bought it for, or at least what they had into it. Let alone with a $400 mark up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well you guys called it. He was like I got cash right now I'll give you $1100... I was like can't do it sorry haha and he was like you didn't even do anything to it just put this stuff on there and I was pike yea and THAT STUFF costs $$ lol

But it was worth a try.</div></div>

I already knew that was going to happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well you guys called it. He was like I got cash right now I'll give you $1100...</div></div>

I already knew that was going to happen. </div></div>

Yeah, you never get the $$$ back out of these things. If you have lots of accessories part it out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whiskeytangofox</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gun broker is the #1 place for under selling IMO. I've seen too many amazing deals on a daily there. And my rifle is new. Shot it once and then put all my doodads on but that's your optinion. I put in at least $1400 maybe more after fees and rifle is still new. I'd be dumb or desperate to sell it for anything less. </div></div>

I'm a little curious how you have $1400 into it? That is a $700 upper and maybe a $400 lower. I don't think I know anybody who has sold a rifle for more than they bought it for, or at least what they had into it. Let alone with a $400 mark up. </div></div>

In the deal I was selling him spare parts for the MIAD grip... 7 p mags in total. A ron of extra rail covers... Spare mil spec stock... Spare Hand guard... extra pistol grip with tools... A hard case... A few rounds of ammo... On top of the p mags a few GI mags... Replacement parts for the bolt and LPK... Cleaning supplies and a few more goodies along with all of that let alone I wasn't even selling he pretty much talked me into selling becaue he had "cash in hand" and was willing to pay tonight bro...

And not to mention besides the upper not even then BCG or any of that and the lower with the LPK literally EVERYTHING is new I bought a new bolt after I shot it the rail and all the extras and a new stock and buffer tube pretty much bought a whole new rifle...

So it was more a package deal than a rifle sale... And in my total add up of what I paid I didn't even put in shipping tax or fees. Just the MSRP I remember seeing on the sites or shop price cards.

That makes a little more sense then. It sounds like you are pretty fond of that rifle.
wink.gif

I am it's my baby. I take pride in this build and rifle. "This is my rifle and there are many like it but this one is mine" when I look at my rifle that is what I see and believe.

I hate SHTF guys but if it ever comes I'm confidant my rifle will do the job.

He offered me $1400 today haha so it's bugging him. I still don't want to do it anymore. I have a feeling I'll ruin a friendship over a rifle sale because he feels he's being ripped off.