• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whatever happened to the resurrection of the J Allen stock?

GhostFace

Verified Asshole
Minuteman
  • Apr 1, 2003
    Indiana
    I remember reading a company (I forget who) bought them out and was planning on having the j Allen chassis rebuilt but with a few tweaks to make manufacturing easier and cheaper. I thought I read the time line was this year to have something out but I could wrong on that. Is there any information when the stock is coming out?

last I heard they are getting the injection molding and plastics ironed out...which is very time consuming.

people want an amazing product for a sub par price and they want it yesterady...lol. kind of hard to pull off. but I did hear they are doing everything possible to cut production costs to lower final price.

kinda excited tho!

GL
    DT

Reactions: gebhardt02
    I don't mind paying for quality but there does reach a point where I begin to question how much quality I am buying. Case and point, AI's new chassis....I don't think it's worth what they're asking hence I won't be buying them any longer. I know manufacturing prices go up but damn...Look at what Magpul was able to accomplish with their design while keeping costs very reasonable. It can be done. I'm not saying AI should cost a grand but I don't think it's worth
    $2K either.

Back to MDT I don't expect something for nothing. If they can some how come under what J Allen was asking while keeping quality close then they will have a winner on their hands. I just hope they can add a folding option to their design.

Last edited:
    mid way through 2019 it was still JAE
    Ah, right you are....looks like Oct of 2019 was when press releases were...well, released.

Love my JAE chassis....particularly now that I have MK Machining's new more vertical/closer to trigger grip for it.

AF64FAF4-2A43-4005-98CD-4330586D4F21.jpeg

First off, thanks for keeping this design alive. Looking forward to seeing production versions.

Left-hand version in the works? Availability at launch?

Will grips/cheek rests fit originals and will they be made available as parts?

First off, thanks for keeping this design alive. Looking forward to seeing production versions.

Left-hand version in the works? Availability at launch?

Will grips/cheek rests fit originals and will they be made available as parts?
    Per mdt in the thread about mkm's verticle grip the grips will not be interchangeable from the og to the new one. Can't speak on the rest.
    Ah, right you are....looks like Oct of 2019 was when press releases were...well, released.

Love my JAE chassis....particularly now that I have MK Machining's new more vertical/closer to trigger grip for it.
    My grip came yesterday and while I haven't had a chance to live fire it That thing is money for hand placement

Reactions: Baron23
    I was worried about any potential bastardization from MDT on the new chassis', but that Instagram pic gives me hope that they didn't fuck it up too bad.

Looks good, I'm excited to see the finished product.