• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whatever you do, don't say it....

MarinePMI

Ban Cat Handler
Staff member
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2010
    San Diego, Ca
    I drive past this rest stop all the time when I'm up in MT (there's nothing else around for 20 miles in either direction)...funny how the article doesn't come out and say it's the young bucks/braves that do most of it. Incest, rape, abuse...happens every day on the Rez, and they allow it.

This is what happens when a people become institutionalized, and dependent on the government. Smdh...what a damned shame.

Last edited:
    I drive past this rest stop all the time when I'm up in MT (there's nothing else around for 20 miles in either direction)...funny how the article doesn't come out and say it's the young bucks/braves that do most of it. Incest, rape, abuse...happens every day on the Rez, and they allow it.

This is what happens when a people become institutionalized, and dependent on the government. Smdh...what a damned shame.

It was much the same case in the Soviet Union. High rates of alcoholism, especially in the men, because their chance to freely improve themselves was taken away. When that happens, self esteem plummets, and one vice or another takes over to hide the pain and shame.

The women, on the other hand, are go getters.

That is sad.
    I'm sure there's a little more to the story?
    Search and rescue can only possibly help if notified soon enough, not to be turned into a search and recovery.
    Even then it still can be the latter.

Well, it's January. In Montana. So anything is possible.

That being said, I found it odd that they didn't mention the friend's comment of "She walked off into the field" as odd, especially given the weather and time of year. There is literally nothing near this rest stop; it's in the middle of a sea of grass in the summer, and a refuge during white out conditions in the winter.

Methinks her friend knows something, but the news isn't saying anything.

People don't seem to grasp that this area of Montana is the wild wild west. People walk out of town, and are never heard from again. People tend to settle scores out there, and sometimes it get's down right brutal.

I think it was a few years back that two squaws picked up another female hitchhiker on the way back from Crow Faire or some such. Apparently they saw her smiling and talking with one of the women's boyfriend during the tribal gathering.

They drove another two miles out of town, stopped the car, forced her out, and then beat her with aluminum baseball bats and left her in the snow for dead. As they drove away, they saw her still moving in the snow, so they stopped the car. They got out, poured gasoline on her, set her on fire, and then left.

They found the poor woman the next morning, still alive because of the cold. She lost most of her limbs to the cold. She lived long enough to identify the two women, and tell what happened.

Yeah. Eastern Montana, and more importantly, the Rez, can be down right brutal. There's a reason everyone is armed around there....

Some fucked up comments after that story.......

That’s the crow Rez. Estimates done by researchers of sexual abuse on that Rez have been as high as 75% of ALL children have been or are being abused. I used to work at a group home for child sex offenders, so we would receive the studies. For reference 50% was the LOWEST these estimates ever were. In this case I recognize the family name.

I had a conversation with a woman counselor who claimed that what is culturally accepted as Rez style in these young Native women is actually the product of sexual abuse. She listed off 5 or 6 earmarkers and then exclaimed, “Look around, it’s every one of these girls.” I shared a meal with a man who taught school in Poplar, MT for 35 years (different Rez), he said what is absolutely unbelievable is the amount of premature death on the Rez. He said that in a graduating class of around 30 kids it would not be uncommon for 30-50% to be dead by thirty. The teen suicide rate in Poplar was at one time the highest in the country.

I could go on... And on... And on.

Last edited:
    We drove through Crow land while traveling to Little Bighorn Battle site.

At time Obama was trying to take 10K Syrians into the country.

I thought how fucked up we would take in ten K when we let our own people live in shit.

Well, it's January. In Montana. So anything is possible.

That being said, I found it odd that they didn't mention the friend's comment of "She walked off into the field" as odd, especially given the weather and time of year. There is literally nothing near this rest stop; it's in the middle of a sea of grass in the summer, and a refuge during white out conditions in the winter.

Methinks her friend knows something, but the news isn't saying anything.

People don't seem to grasp that this area of Montana is the wild wild west. People walk out of town, and are never heard from again. People tend to settle scores out there, and sometimes it get's down right brutal.

I think it was a few years back that two squaws picked up another female hitchhiker on the way back from Crow Faire or some such. Apparently they saw her smiling and talking with one of the women's boyfriend during the tribal gathering.

They drove another two miles out of town, stopped the car, forced her out, and then beat her with aluminum baseball bats and left her in the snow for dead. As they drove away, they saw her still moving in the snow, so they stopped the car. They got out, poured gasoline on her, set her on fire, and then left.

They found the poor woman the next morning, still alive because of the cold. She lost most of her limbs to the cold. She lived long enough to identify the two women, and tell what happened.

Yeah. Eastern Montana, and more importantly, the Rez, can be down right brutal. There's a reason everyone is armed around there....

Seems like to survive on those reservations, you have to act like you are in a maximum security prison. Do not appear weak. Fuck somebody up first before they fuck you up. Do not hesitate to strike, and do not hesitate to kill if you get wind that somebody is out to get you...

Anybody with half a functioning brain will not allow themselves to be unarmed at any given moment.

That’s the crow Rez. Estimates done by researchers of sexual abuse on that Rez have been as high as 75% of ALL children have been or are being abused. I used to work at a group home for child sex offenders, so we would receive the studies. For reference 50% was the LOWEST these estimates ever were. In this case I recognize the family name.

I had a conversation with a woman counselor who claimed that what is culturally excepted as Rez style in these young Native women is actually the product of sexual abuse. She listed off 5 or 6 earmarkers and then exclaimed, “Look around, it’s every one of these girls.” I shared a meal with a man who taught school in Poplar, MT for 35 years (different Rez), he said what is absolutely unbelievable is the amount of premature death on the Rez. He said that in a graduating class of around 30 kids it would not be uncommon for 30-50% to be dead by thirty. The teen suicide rate in Poplar was at one time the highest in the country.

I could go on... And on... And on.

That is one of the most fucked up things I have read, right next to the shit that happened during the Lebanese civil war...

Suicide? Fuck that shit. If I were subject to those described conditions I'd kill the motherfuckers first.

"Nearly 300 cases of missing Native American women and girls have been reported to authorities in Montana in the year 2019 alone, the AP reported. "

300 FUCKING CASES A YEAR! What in the sam hell is going on there?

I find it hard to believe that a sixteen year old girl would just wander off into the unknown, inadequately prepared.

It's the Amish. Obviously.

If Cortez, Pizarro, and the other European explorers had not stopped the barbarity of those tribes and dragged them kicking and screaming into the rest of the world, they would have wiped each other out before the Industrial Revolution took place and any resemblance of city-building civilizations that they possessed would have been thrust back into Stone Age hunter-gatherer, purely nomadic living. One does not need to dive far into eyewitness accounts of the very first Spanish priests to encounter these people to find out the full range of the type of butchery and cannibalistic savagery that they were engaging in. Their temple drawings, preserved in full color today, are stark reminders of a fact that cannot be denied or ignored.

Last edited:
    If Cortez, Pizarro, and the other European explorers had not stopped the barbarity of those tribes and dragged them kicking and screaming into the rest of the world, they would have wiped each out before the Industrial Revolution took place and any resemblance of city-building civilizations that they possessed would have been thrust back into Stone Age hunter-gatherer purely nomadic living. One does not need to dive far into eyewitness accounts of the very first Spanish priests to encounter these people the type of butchery and cannibalistic savagery that they were engaging in. Their temple drawings, preserved in full color today, are stark reminders of a fact that cannot be denied or ignored.
    These attributes aren't just for this continent.

R

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    These attributes aren't just for this continent.

R

Very much the truth...

Watch an SJW's eyes grow wide in shock when you tell them how in the 1700's, the British had tried to stop the practice of slaving parties by local African merchants and warlords and when diplomacy failed to stop this highly profitable practice, the Royal Navy used a portion of it's warships to try to intercept slave ships trying to depart the coast with their cargo. The Trans-Atlantic trade made up only a small portion of the entire sub-Saharan slave trade as a whole. Most of the traffic was heading north, to the Ottoman vassal states of the Barbary Coast, and the Ottoman and the Safavid empires to the east, where cheap Negro labor as well as cannon fodder for their armies is highly demanded.

I live in eastern MT.
    We had a ranch on a reservation, I have native friends that I grew up with, My wife is a county attorney, I have run cattle on the crow.
    I will piss some of you off but I don't care.
    This is the way of their culture since the dawn of time. It has gotten way worse in the last 10 to 15 years. We did them no favors when we took their land and gave them reservations and money. They were a proud people some of them still are.
    Now a lot of the young people are worried about one thing, Drugs, The cartels are huge here and have them under their control.
    They would sell their sister for another hit of meth.
    Those that were with her knew exactly what happened.
    Someone brought the body back to the rest area. As many people as were searching the next day they did not miss her that close to the rest stop. Lets all keep worrying about what the damn shot show has to take our money.
    End of rant.

Very much the truth...

Watch an SJW's eyes grow wide in shock when you tell them how in the 1700's, the British had tried to stop the practice of slaving parties by local African merchants and warlords and when diplomacy failed to stop this highly profitable practice, the Royal Navy used a portion of it's warships to try to intercept slave ships trying to depart the coast with their cargo. The Trans-Atlantic trade made up only a small portion of the entire sub-Saharan slave trade as a whole. Most of the traffic was heading north, to the Ottoman vassal states of the Barbary Coast, and the Ottoman and the Safavid empires to the east, where cheap Negro labor as well as cannon fodder for their armies is highly demanded.
    Market realities, much closer/easier to slide up to the Med than cross the Atlantic.

R

If Cortez, Pizarro, and the other European explorers had not stopped the barbarity of those tribes and dragged them kicking and screaming into the rest of the world, they would have wiped each other out before the Industrial Revolution took place and any resemblance of city-building civilizations that they possessed would have been thrust back into Stone Age hunter-gatherer, purely nomadic living. One does not need to dive far into eyewitness accounts of the very first Spanish priests to encounter these people to find out the full range of the type of butchery and cannibalistic savagery that they were engaging in. Their temple drawings, preserved in full color today, are stark reminders of a fact that cannot be denied or ignored.
    A friend of mine up in Canada recently broke with a friend of his because the third guy was one of those "Native Supremacists" who believes that white people were a scourge, ruined the Americas, and that being Native is "better" because of... well whatever reasons. And said that the Iranians "had the right to expel anyone they wanted from their country and shoot down planes with white people on them any time they want", as well. So my friend was understandably irked by that shit. We basically summed it up like this:

1500 CE in Europe: Building cathedrals, written language, starting the bases of philosophical and theological revolutions, using mathematics to cross oceans in relatively primitive craft with equally primitive navigational tools, technological innovations such as then-advanced firearms are becoming more widespread.

1500 CE in North America: Building wigwams, next to no written language of the same degree, scalping people and using Stone Age tools.

1500 CE in Mesoamerica: Building stone structures advanced for the location and technological level, written language, using mathematics to describe stellar phenomena and measure the world around them (and having a concept of zero as a digital placeholder), Stone Age technology but advanced past the European Neolithic. But still cutting folks' hearts out and rolling them down the temple steps and their societies were in decline even before Cortez et al showed up.

Obviously this isn't entirely accurate, or fair, but in broad strokes?

A friend of mine up in Canada recently broke with a friend of his because the third guy was one of those "Native Supremacists" who believes that white people were a scourge, ruined the Americas, and that being Native is "better" because of... well whatever reasons. And said that the Iranians "had the right to expel anyone they wanted from their country and shoot down planes with white people on them any time they want", as well. So my friend was understandably irked by that shit. We basically summed it up like this:

1500 CE in Europe: Building cathedrals, written language, starting the bases of philosophical and theological revolutions, using mathematics to cross oceans in relatively primitive craft with equally primitive navigational tools, technological innovations such as then-advanced firearms are becoming more widespread.

1500 CE in North America: Building wigwams, next to no written language of the same degree, scalping people and using Stone Age tools.

1500 CE in Mesoamerica: Building stone structures advanced for the location and technological level, written language, using mathematics to describe stellar phenomena and measure the world around them (and having a concept of zero as a digital placeholder), Stone Age technology but advanced past the European Neolithic. But still cutting folks' hearts out and rolling them down the temple steps and their societies were in decline even before Cortez et al showed up.

----------
    shoot down planes with white people on them any time they want",
    ----------

Holy shit that is fucking psychotic...
    smiley_freak.gif

I really hope that this guy does not have any firearms...

But regarding your entry about Europe in 1500 CE, it is also important to note that European steelcraft and metalwork had reached very advanced levels of progress. The watchmakers' guilds of Nuremberg and Vienna were building devices with spring loaded gears and other highly intricate parts which required very advanced metallurgy. The suits of Gothic armor produced during that time were also an indicator of how far engineering had come in the western world.

@Son of Dorn
    Your description of 1500 CE (is that the same as AD?) in Mesoamerica sounds a LOT like what we hear described in 2015 (AD) in Middle East (Pick a country).... especially that last sentence.
    Yes, CE (Common Era or Current Era) is the same as AD:

The expression has been traced back to 1615, when it first appeared in a book by Johannes Kepler as the Latin usage annus aerae nostrae vulgaris, and to 1635 in English as "Vulgar Era". The term "Common Era" can be found in English as early as 1708, and became more widely used in the mid-19th century by Jewish religious scholars. In the later 20th century, the use of CE and BCE was popularized in academic and scientific publications as a culturally neutral term.

----------
    shoot down planes with white people on them any time they want",
    ----------

Holy shit that is fucking psychotic...
    smiley_freak.gif

I really hope that this guy does not have any firearms...

But regarding your entry about Europe in 1500 CE, it is also important to note that European steelcraft and metalwork had reached very advanced levels of progress. The watchmakers' guilds of Nuremberg and Vienna were building devices with spring loaded gears and other highly intricate parts which required very advanced metallurgy. The suits of Gothic armor produced during that time were also an indicator of how far engineering had come in the western world.
    Oh yes, all that too. I was only mentioning what we directly talked about; I was aware of clockworks etc, and the metallurgy of the time, but it just didn't come up in the convo. And my bud wasn't really in the mood for a full-on historical discussion, either; he was more upset by the Canadian deaths on the Ukrainian Airlines flight and by his "friend"'s opinions. This happened within a couple days of the incident, you understand.

I’m friends with some natives. However, most i meet are pieces of shit. I have a recent interaction with some lovely navajo. Hope they die in a meth pipe explosion.

While in college I worked in the oil and gas fields in the Four Corners area. Most of the wells we serviced were on Rez lands and spending time on the Rez was eye opening. Drug and alcohol use is rampant and fetal alcohol syndrome is widespread. I will never forget one winter day we were driving to the Bisti Badlands on the Navajo Reservation. It was brutally cold and near blizzard conditions and as we drove three braves appeared in front of us walking down the road in the middle of nowhere. They were lightly dressed in denim jackets and obviously intoxicated. Stopped and said if they jump in the back of truck we would take them down the road.They stared at us and never responded so we continued on to the well site without them. Most likely all three died of exposure. That was several years ago and a friend of mine who is a Federal Agent investigating drug cases on the Rez says it is much worse especially meth. When I watched Wind River for the first time it brought back alot of memories about the Rez.

I'm going to be VERY careful in what I say here.

There are too many Natives/Indians/Aboriginals/First Nations/Flavor-Term-of-the-week who're as bad as described, and worse. And then there are the multitudes of them, at that.

At the same time, but NOT in the same proportions.... there are some Damned Fine examples of human beings. And history has shown that there were a number of them in the past, too. Representing "their" culture as-well-as representing "our" culture. Look back at some WWII facts, and of certain Native Canadian soldiers and their exploits.

But it isn't/wasn't just soldiers whom were 'good' though, as there were many families that led their path down a different route. So-as-not to have outcomes as described in posts above.

And yes, this is something that I know of as fact, and not just "stories I've read" or anything as petty as that. I'm living in it, every day.

I grew up in the middle of the Wind River reservation in Wyoming. The stories are infinite as to the abuse and violence. But, as always in a group of any humans, there are those who rise above and are excellent humans, but sadly, it is rare and culturally frowned upon to leave the reservation. It’s sad, the engrained culture of failure and defeatist mentality. It literally makes my heart heart as I watched it first hand.

I've met good natives. They didn't live or associate with the rez.

I don't stop in any rez for any reason. I never go through one unarmed.

I'd like to know how many "missing" were just found in the ditch the next spring. It's just another day to see them wandering the highway (65mph night speed limit) with zero clue as to what's going on. Next group leaves the party and hits them, to drunk to notice they keep going.
    Or they fall into the snow, pass out, and die.

Then you have the tribes still going to war against their rivals that kill each other back and forth randomly.

It's a really good study on why you shouldn't let the government take care of you. I'll see if I can find the pictures of the fire-pit that was just an ax chopped hole in the living room floor, or the chainsawed hole in the wall for the horse to drink from the bathtub. Houses given to them (relocated from an air Base, at the expense of the government) stripped of all the copper they could find.

I'd like to know how many "missing" were just found in the ditch the next spring. It's just another day to see them wandering the highway (65mph night speed limit) with zero clue as to what's going on. Next group leaves the party and hits them, to drunk to notice they keep going.

Then you have the tribes still going to war against their rivals that kill each other back and forth randomly.

It's a really good study on why you shouldn't let the government take care of you. I'll see if I can find the pictures of the fire-pit that was just an ax chopped hole in the living room floor, or the chainsawed hole in the wall for the horse to drink from the bathtub. Houses given to them (relocated from an air Base, at the expense of the government) stripped of all the copper they could find.

This sure has been an eye opening thread for me. I have long heard of many fucked up things happening in the reservations, mostly the out of control alcohol and drug abuse, but this opened up new levels of perspective. I have hunted and attended shooting matches in areas near those reservations but never on them or interacted with their members. I have never been unarmed while out there out of routine and principle. Pistol and a knife, instantly accessible at any time.

It is like witnessing some of the worst cases of drug addled despondents on the subway system in New York... It is simply unimaginable to see how one can live a life completely devoid of any hope or outlook, and refuse to even attempt to take the necessary steps to bring themselves or their community out of that hell. Such bleakness can lead people to commit some of the darkest depravities ever recorded in the annals of crime and justice...

I've seen something similar on the reservations in Minnesota. .gov builds a bunch of modular homes, moves them to the res, and a lot of them end up missing all the copper.

Pretty sad, really.

Here, only the reservations are allowed to operate casinos which are bringing in huge amounts of money.

Most of that money is squandered away and only a few natives have anything to show for it.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    I've seen something similar on the reservations in Minnesota. .gov builds a bunch of modular homes, moves them to the res, and a lot of them end up missing all the copper.

Pretty sad, really.

Here, only the reservations are allowed to operate casinos which are bringing in huge amounts of money.

Most of that money is squandered away and only a few natives have anything to show for it.

I've been on a few rez in Minnesota fishing red lake and mille lacs. They're really nice and clean.

My buddy from Buffalo was blown away when he saw what goes on in MT and ND. Dirty, cars on blocks, nothing is nice. Brand new trucks smashed up in lawns. Garbage everywhere. Graffiti....

That casino money goes a long way to keeping those places cleaned up.

At the base of the hill from the Little Bighorn Battlefield there is a big ass service station truck stop. Im thinking its run by the reservation.

Figured Id stop in there to take a piss not knowing how close I was to the battlefield park.

Lowlight of our trip, Wanted to throw my hiking boots away after walking in that head.

Wife/kids refused to go in the heads.

Reactions: MarinePMI

Did you read the article? From the article you posted:

"An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death. Authorities do not expect foul play. "

"Native American women experience some of the nation’s highest rates of murder, sexual violence and domestic abuse. The National Institute of Justice estimates that 1.5 million Native American women have experienced violence in their lifetime, including many who are victims of sexual violence. On some reservations, federal studies have shown women are killed at a rate more than 10 times the national average. "

That was true in the Aztec Empire of Mexico. The northern peoples of what is now the United States, while ferocious warriors, were actually quite civilized. The eastern ones, the Iroquois, Onieoda, and the like, of New York had a form of democratic government in which they sent representatives to large meetings. They had well established trade routs extending from New York to Florida, one of which I live on, the Seminole Trail. The problem theyre having now is largely due to being forced onto reservations which again, denies their natural cultural nature and brings on alcoholism and other problems.

Had an experience while elk hunting in NM a few years ago.
    Took a day off and got off the mountian to see Jemez springs/Vallis Caldera ect.
    Our navigator took the long way around from Grants NM.
    Wasn't sure where we were when we took a piss break.
    After entering the Gas station/post office/laundry mat it became clear.
    Those on the inside and outside were less than cordial.
    Except the Lady taking our money.

R

Crow girl was working the register at the Custer Battlefield while I bought a great book on the archeology of the area.

I remarked how sad I found the place. It is sad especially those crosses that mark the death spot of some Trooper way separated from his comrades - cant think how scared and violent his last moments were, but that white centric thinking as there were native americans equally isolated and scared in death Im sure.

Anyway in response to my comment she replied "To some people".

Well in my mind that was dumb bravado thinking as that battle more than anything insured the destruction of her culture and way of life. After Big Horn there were few treaties sham or otherwise. Pain was coming.

Regards current day.

These women need some Josey Wales.....

Did you read the article? From the article you posted:

"An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death. Authorities do not expect foul play. "

"Native American women experience some of the nation’s highest rates of murder, sexual violence and domestic abuse. The National Institute of Justice estimates that 1.5 million Native American women have experienced violence in their lifetime, including many who are victims of sexual violence. On some reservations, federal studies have shown women are killed at a rate more than 10 times the national average. "

And did you read my posts? "Authorities" often say things that aren't necessarily true, if it curtails public outcry (from said Rez inhabitants) and impacts the Sheriff's next election. If you read between the lines, the "Authorities" is the Sheriff's office. Or are you naive enough to think they would call out local Crow's as suspects in the death of one of their own? (Even though everyone is thinking it).

Furthermore, have you ever even been to this area?

Reactions: Bender
    I live in eastern MT.
    We had a ranch on a reservation, I have native friends that I grew up with, My wife is a county attorney, I have run cattle on the crow.
    I will piss some of you off but I don't care.
    This is the way of their culture since the dawn of time. It has gotten way worse in the last 10 to 15 years. We did them no favors when we took their land and gave them reservations and money. They were a proud people some of them still are.
    Now a lot of the young people are worried about one thing, Drugs, The cartels are huge here and have them under their control.
    They would sell their sister for another hit of meth.
    Those that were with her knew exactly what happened.
    Someone brought the body back to the rest area. As many people as were searching the next day they did not miss her that close to the rest stop. Lets all keep worrying about what the damn shot show has to take our money.
    End of rant.

Now allow me to piss you off. Land belongs to those with the power to take and hold it. Been that way since time began. So called native Americans never evolved very far beyond the caves. If the Europeans had not conquered them, some other advanced civilation would have.

And did you read my posts? "Authorities" often say things that aren't necessarily true, if it curtails public outcry (from said Rez inhabitants) and impacts the Sheriff's next election. If you read between the lines, the "Authorities" is the Sheriff's office. Or are you naive enough to think they would call out local Crow's as suspects in the death of one of their own? (Even though everyone is thinking it).

Furthermore, have you ever even been to this area?

Where does everyone think the Sioux tribe originally lived?

Were they always kicking ass on the plains?

Met a Marine VN war pilot selling his book at the Crazy Horse monument.

Bought his book regarding the Sioux history.

He explained to me that the Sioux were a coastal Carolina tribe that kept moving west to escape the smelly Europeans.

As they moved west they out warred and conquered the tribes that previously held that land.

His description of it.

"The dominant culture took from the weaker culture".

Truth.

any problem with that blame Darwin.

Reactions: Frank Warren
    Where does everyone think the Sioux tribe originally lived?

Were they always kicking ass on the plains?

Met a Marine VN war pilot selling his book at the Crazy Horse monument.

Bought his book regarding the Sioux history.

He explained to me that the Sioux were a coastal Carolina tribe that kept moving west to escape the smelly Europeans.

As they moved west they out warred and conquered the tribes that previously held that land.

His description of it.

"The dominant culture took from the weaker culture".

Truth.

any problem with that blame Darwin.

Interestingly enough, it was also a conflict of genomes (of sorts). Ever notice the eastern NA indian tribes have more Nordic features? And the traditionally western tribes have asian features? It is believed by cultural anthropologists, that this was the critical factor (physical differences) in provoked conflict between tribes. It was (for all intents and purposes) racially motivated conflict.

<shrug> Something to think about...

They should have had to assimilate just like every other conquered people had to. We did them no favors giving them the land and paying them to do nothing. The drugs are the worst part, They contribute to the human trafficking that is rampant on the rez. The sexual abuse is also off the charts, but I feel that was more cultural than anything.

Interestingly enough, it was also a conflict of genomes (of sorts). Ever notice the eastern NA indian tribes have more Nordic features? And the traditionally western tribes have asian features? It is believed by cultural anthropologists, that this was the critical factor (physical differences) in provoked conflict between tribes. It was (for all intents and purposes) racially motivated conflict.

<shrug> Something to think about...

Gots to remember eastern tribes dealt with 200 years of Europeans before we really started fooling in the west.

Im also inclined to think some Vikings and some Portuguese might have been in the Northeast prior to "official history" catching cod and other types of "fish"

Im thinking the European features might have something to do with a bit of miscegenation.

Most of the eastern tribes were wiped out by disease and war. There really is very little left of their culture.

Reactions: Bender

I would laugh but I’ve literally seen both those holes in Wind River.

Rez is the saddest place man, no matter where it is.

When I went to SD on vacation when I was 15, I was stoked to see Crazy Horse (I didn't really care for Mt. Rushmore to be honest, I did a Chevy Chase take like he did at the Grand Canyon on "Vacation"). I was far more interested in the native shit.

But when we stopped at a Hardees for breakfast, oh man, I'll never forget it... Just full of sad Indians, heads down, half passed out over a cup of coffee and fully drunk getting ready to start the day. I'll never forget that. I felt sad, I felt disgusted, I felt, uh, it felt just wrong.

Close enough for me.