• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk What'n the heck happened to the PRS subforum.

We're all a big bunch of meanies. We broke the toys and now no one gets to play.

Reactions: Sierra770
I don't know how to do it, but it would be awesome if SH, and not FB, was the go to place for match announcements. I'm not going to matches that only advertise on FB.

Reactions: Piper907
FB is their chosen platform

I honestly think events should be advertised in multiple locations, the more the merrier

FB is an interesting thing, my move to Scout initially was because I saw FB as my main competitor, and it was, shortly after when FB took a hard turn to anti gun we saw our number climb again, and each month they get bigger since. But guys supporting FB is gonna bit them.

I predict as soon as the government turns democrat you are gonna see FB turn even harder away from these groups

I cannot ask or force people to use the site, that is their choice

Reactions: HogsLife
One of the largest competitive firearm organizations in the country and they choose a media platform that is anti 2A. Makes total sense.

Reactions: kabarNC
Facebook is free. Well, it doesn't cost money. It just takes a bit of your soul...

Snipers Hide is free....

One of the variables about PRS that has absolutely blown my mind is their inability to manage their own website, event calendar, and efficient communications. They’re using FB which is the cancer of the internet. I had to create a FB account just to stay informed in my local matches and PRS.

Instead of moving away from that culture we’re still complaining about prizes. Let’s get the media side of this sport to a safe haven central island. My vote is The Hide but we’ll leave that to the decision makers.

For the record, and why the original PRS name was in place,

I had offered to let the PRS transition back over to the site, and while we all good with that, it was never done, hence the request to remove the reference to the PRS

Reactions: GordonFreeman
I’d be for moving our club match announcements to the hide if it had similar ability to create events and blast notifications to everyone who was part of the group, might take a while for everyone to transition tho

We started using Facebook With no affiliation to the PRS like 5 yrs ago cause it was easiest, it’s still easy so it’s still used

One thing SH members can do is, when you see a match announcement posted on FB, screen shot it and come to the hide in this section and see if it has already been posted here. If it isn't here, post it. If the PRS wont do it, we can for the sake of SH members that aren't on fb. This will include 2 day national and 1 day regional. Not to mention non sanctioned club matches. It wont be that hard to do and will only take up a couple minutes of time to have something as an alternative to fuck book.

What i would like to see is, whenever on of these matches are done, in the same thread of the announcement, someone post a practiscore link for the scores. Discussion of the matches can be held if need be in the same thread along with anyones pics or videos for entertainment purposes.

@lowlight is willing to foster whatever the members here want which is awesome, but we can do our part in posting it. We have more eyes to see the announcements than Frank does. If we do this, there isn't really anything that i can think of that frank would need to do.

Just my .02

Use a platform run by a bunch of SJW Elites who hate everything you stand for and openly admit to wanting to get rid of you, as your primary group communication platform......... What could ever go wrong when they decide another round of Virtue Signalling is of more value to them than selling all your information and communications to any and all payers.....

But it's easy.... But it's free.....

There are already a couple SH members compiling lists of all matches for the year under the competition announcement section. So, I don’t see why the PRS or the NRL needs their own section. The Competition Announcement & Local Matches Sections should cover most of the announcements.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
For locations that host multiple events in a season, you can invite people to "watch" your initial thread and then when you add to it people will get the notifications

With this, like other sites, you have to agree to watch a thread, then you will get notifications

We can also re-Gigger the Member Link up section and use that area to address people in your specific area

I would like to see the announcements here for as much as possible. Ideally broken down by region or state, or at least have the state mentioned in the thread title, some are that way now, most arent. I agree anything afterwards, scores, discussion, etc. should probably be in the original thread.

FB clean and sober for 8 or so years now. Don't miss that garbage at all.

Reactions: Sierra770