• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats a 40X Rem 223 AI ex shape & set up in BR con

SmokeRolls

Nobody important
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
Today I ran across a beautiful 40X Remington with 223 AI heavy barrel all set up in a pretty benchrest black stock and it all looked to be in excellent shape.
I did not inspect rifling nor asked about the trigger but I would say that it is all benchrest ready and probably has a lot of life in the barrel.
Anybody got an idea on price (Ballpark?)
Thanks guys...SmokeRolls

Re: Whats a 40X Rem 223 AI ex shape & set up in BR con

In great shape, about a grand. With a 2oz trigger +100$. Buy @ 750$ sight unseen.

Re: Whats a 40X Rem 223 AI ex shape & set up in BR con

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe40x</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In great shape, about a grand. With a 2oz trigger +100$. Buy @ 750$ sight unseen.</div></div>
I found one in a gunsmiths shop for $1,200 (he may take less), its got an inexpensive scope on it and rings and is in fantastic shape based on first glance.
I dont need it but if someone is seriously interested, then I would do the leg work and take pictures and look at barrel and ask about round count and trigger.
I would also be the mediator between buyer and seller.
The hide members have been good to me and it's time I returned a few favors pro-bono.
Call me on my cell if you are seriously interested (859-516-8384)
. Patrick /SmokeRolls