• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What's a good rimfire scope?

Nessal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2009
CA
I just bought a random Savage Mark2 plinker the other day and don't want to throw a NF on it. Unfortunately, I don't know much about cheap scopes since I normally pay the big bucks. I was wondering if anyone can recommend something in the $150 or below range that is the best bang for the buck. I would like some magnification adjustment and a obj bell no bigger than 40. It's just a plinker so I don't need anything crazy on it. Thanks in advance!

Re: What's a good rimfire scope?

Thanks guys. Was looking at the Bushnells but will look at the Nikons as well. Sooooo many to choose from compared to high end scopes. Makes this decision so damn hard.

+1 on the Nikon, the new 3-9x40 with the BDC150 reticle is a sweet setup right at that $150 mark

I've got several Bushnells Elite 3200 on my .22's and like them - good scopes for the buck.

Nikons new EFR scope is coming out in a few weeks. I like that since I do alot of shooting at 50ft and not many others can focus that close. My Leupold does but cost $750 for the 6.5x20. Id love Nikon to come out with some target 22 scopes that have dots and higher power.

I purchased a Swift preimer scope to try it out one day because the optics were very clear. I mounted it on my Ruger 77/22. It is a 3-9x40. The scope has been a true winner. It tracks perfect everytime and the gun shoots true with it. I shoot black birds with bulk ammo out to 100 yards. I own several Leupold mark 4 scopes as well as burris xtr's and this one is my rimfire choice. I have since purchased 4 more for a total of 5. I would like to hear if anyone else has any feedback on them? I found a place online they can be purchased for very reasonable as well. I also like the higher end vortex rimfire scopes. Not the crossfires.

If you want something thats mil mil, the bushnell 10x or the weaver 3-10 grand slam are good choices.

If you what to shoot close up the Bushnell will focus to 10yds. If that is not an issue the Vortex PST are great scopes also.

Mike @ CST

Doh! Wish I saw these replies sooner. I bought a Bushnell 3.5-10x from Optics planet that seems to have great review for $90. Wish I saw the deal for the vortex that someone posted above. But I'm sure I'll be perfectly happy with my purchase since the scope has great reviews! Thanks everyone!