• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What's a good shorty upper for suppressed use?

Cwm9

Private
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2022
USA
Hi all. Long time reader here first post. Getting a sandman s out jail soon and wanting a upper host in 556/223 wylde. Primary purpose will be nods work with an eotech.

I'm wanting a 11 inch upper in DI. I'm familiar with PWS but shying away from piston as I want to keep it as light as possible for accessories. I also would like it to be as accurate as possible (stainless barrel) with an adjustable gas block.

Do any major/ high quality brands accommodate all these features or I need to build? Thanks!

With the adjustable gas block requirement I would say no you would want to build. Unclear to me why you would have a high accuracy requirement with an eotech.

My easy button without a stainless steel barrel would be a DDM4 V7S. Its properly gassed and generally will shoot 1.5 moa with decent ammo and moa with match.

V7 makes a 11.5 upper that will be super lightweight and hyper accurate (SS barrel) but you will probably need to add an adjustable gas block.

With the adjustable gas block requirement I would say no you would want to build. Unclear to me why you would have a high accuracy requirement with an eotech.

My easy button without a stainless steel barrel would be a DDM4 V7S. Its properly gassed and generally will shoot 1.5 moa with decent ammo and moa with match.

V7 makes a 11.5 upper that will be super lightweight and hyper accurate (SS barrel) but you will probably need to add an adjustable gas block.
Yeah I guess I can just use a heavier buffer instead of adj gad block. DD makes good stuff I have a regular v7. But I'm just looking to get at least sub-moa since I will be shooting at night mostly. I'm very used to the Exps 3-0's 1 moa dot.

I guess what barrel is more accurate... noveske/jp?

The V Seven will be as accurate as the noveske if not more so. The jp will also be very accurate.

Last edited:
Have you ever taken a 2 day carbine course?

Yeah I guess I can just use a heavier buffer instead of adj gad block. DD makes good stuff I have a regular v7. But I'm just looking to get at least sub-moa since I will be shooting at night mostly. I'm very used to the Exps 3-0's 1 moa dot.

I guess what barrel is more accurate... noveske/jp?

What ammo are you running out of this gun? I can't picture anything besides match ammo or reloads getting you sub moa, regardless of barrel. I feel like a good quality upper is going to be as accurate as you'll ever need at night.

Are you shooting passively through NODs only? or both Nods and laser? We used to easily hit 300yd man targets at night with our lasers all the time. That was DD 14.5" uppers and/or SCAR-16's.

Reactions: the monk
What ammo are you running out of this gun? I can't picture anything besides match ammo or reloads getting you sub moa, regardless of barrel. I feel like a good quality upper is going to be as accurate as you'll ever need at night.

Are you shooting passively through NODs only? or both Nods and laser? We used to easily hit 300yd man targets at night with our lasers all the time. That was DD 14.5" uppers and/or SCAR-16's.
Zeroing and hunting with black hills 50 gr tsx. Practice with cheaper stuff m193 or 223 etc. Will be shooting both passive and laser.

I understand accuracy will decrease at night, so I want my groups as tight as possible when zeroing during the day.