• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's a HS Precision stock off a LA 5R worth?

TDH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
metro Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I have a NIB 300wm 5R that I want to put in a McMilan. The thing has only been out of the box once. If I were to throw it in the classifieds where should I start the asking price? I don't want to post it too high but don't really want to give it away either
wink.gif

Re: What's a HS Precision stock off a LA 5R worth?

I have seen brand new take offs like that go for as low as $200 and as high as $300. I guess start there and see what happens.

Does the barrel sit right in the middle of the barrel channel? I have seen maybe a half dozen that were off to one side. Take close up pic of front of stock showing location of barrel. Alot of guys will look for this.

I have bought 3 PSS stocks and have never paid more than 175 and that one was NIB. Somewhere around 200 would be a better starting point especially if its used...bedded....ect.

nice stock should sell quick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SINGLE.SHOT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have bought 3 PSS stocks and have never paid more than 175 and that one was NIB. Somewhere around 200 would be a better starting point especially if its used...bedded....ect.

nice stock should sell quick. </div></div>

Are they bedded from Remington? It's a NIB 5R. The rifle has only been out of the box to verify serial number. It is used because it's on a gun I guess, but LNIB.

I have no idea what it's worth. That's why I started this thread. I just didn't want to post an astronomical price and keep bumping it to the top
wink.gif

I'll get some pics and post tomorrow.

you will get a least 200 for it.

A guy I shoot with got one for $150 a few weeks ago, and I sold one for $250 a few months ago. Both were brand new.