• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Whats an old kimber Worth? new pics

MT300RUM

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2009
Kalispell Mt
I've got a kimber classic stainless KO38XXX that i baught new probably ten years ago cant remember the year, had the trigger worked and a custom finish put on the pistol, maybe one box ran through gun, than it has been a safe gueen almost to nice to shoot, i know i'm gonna catch a bunch of greef, but was just wondering what some of you guys thaught it might be worth, thinking of selling or trading for something not as pretty that a guy could shoot and not worry about the finish, any info would be great, thanks guys..

Matt...

camis495.jpg

camis496.jpg

Re: Whats an old kimber Worth?

Because it's a series 1 pistol, which were basically handmade, no MIM crap like series 2 pistols, I say between 900-1200 bucks

Pics would help....I have a match grade made in Yonkers and I wouldn't sell it at all...... Just because it has a nice stainless finish on it doesn't mean that you can't use it...Stick it in a holster, shoot it at the range, go hunting with it....That stainless steel weapon can take more wear than probably any weapon you could own...There's no finish to wear off..... I have one in an almost mirror finish and I use it everywhere.... She's as tough as nails....Use it.....You have a great weapon....Don't think you will feal better about abusing another pistol just because it doesn't look as pretty.... It makes you pissed when the finish or holster wear wears through the coating and then you are stuck with a weapon that you will have to recoat or discount it if you ever want to sell it....Use it......SmokeRolls

More than the new ones regardless of the book value. I wouldn't let it go if
I were you. Kimber built nice 1911's back then, It's a 1400.00 pistol to replace today
if you want the same standard of quality.

Without front strap checkering it's an $800 pistol to me. I have one just like yours without the fancy finish (Series I classic stainless).

I just got off the phone with Kimber, and the date was 3-4-99
she said if it were her she would not sell it, she acted like the older kimbers were better than the new kimbers, even after i told her i was looking to get a S.I.S Kimber to replace it, she still said she would keep the classic over getting a new one, that seems wierd coming from kimber, she also said there is no such thing as a series 1 as far as kimber is concerned, she said they just made fewer of them back then so more attention to detail & fitting..

Series I is more of a term adopted by people on the internet. Series "II" Kimbers have the added safety system deactivated by the grip safety and have "II" added to the end of their names.

and I'd agree with her. Both of my Kimbers are much nicer than anything they're putting out now.

Keep it, shoot it.

It would cost more to replace with a like quality 1911 than you could probably get for it.

I got a Yonkers pre-II Classic here on the 'hide that will be with for a VERY long time.

Dude... That's sweet on the pics...She's pretty...I vote to keep it.....I'm not ever gonna sell mine...SmokeRolls