• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats everyone running for ballistics app?

I use ballistics AE and Hornandy 4dof.
For my uses they do fine and I’ve gotten used to them.

BallisticsARC and 4DOF here. No problem at all once I trued them up with my actual results on steel (all of them should do that).

I have Strelok Pro, Ballistics ARC, and Hornady 4DOF.

For ME... Strelok Pro wins, hands down. Easiest and most versatile user interface (but also probably the ugliest). I'm sure they're all accurate with proper data input. But, I found Strelok Pro to be the easiest to learn and use. Plus, the developer is SUPER-receptive to user suggestions and is constantly and frequently updating it. He's very active on a user group on Facebook, too.

For ME... Strelok Pro wins, hands down. Easiest and most versatile user interface (but also probably the ugliest). I'm sure they're all accurate with proper data input. But, I found Strelok Pro to be the easiest to learn and use. Plus, the developer is SUPER-receptive to user suggestions and is constantly and frequently updating it. He's very active on a user group on Facebook, too.

Good. Was thinking I was the only one.

Ballistic ARC, it has some potential but certain aspects frustrate me so I'm looking for a new one.

Strelok pro seems popular, is the free version similar enough to pro to take for a test drive?

Strelok pro seems popular, is the free version similar enough to pro to take for a test drive?

Yes. Try it out. You'll enjoy the simplified user interface. I used the free version for a while, then got the upgraded version within a couple months. The great thing about the Pro version is all the updates, bullet profiles, cartridge profiles, etc. Its worth far, far more than what it costs.

I rarely use it now that I have a Kestrel with Applied Ballistics. As reference, Strelok Pro and my Kestrel are within 0.1 mil ( about 1/3 moa) from each other.

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Ballistic ARC, it has some potential but certain aspects frustrate me so I'm looking for a new one.

Strelok Pro has a lot more features, including unlimited rifle profiles, a huge cartridge library, and more. It's just $12. Get it. :)

Last edited:
I use Shooter but there’s a couple others I’m thinking about trying.

Reactions: mzvarner
Another Shooter user here. No issues and seems to be very accurate across multiple platforms. My local range stretches to 1000 yards so I have not tested further predictions.

My reticle, a Crayon, Mil Dot Master....with a piece of string with a cheeto on the end of it.

But seriously, Both Strelok Pro and 4DOF as well as Shooter has worked for me well with good data in...over the years. However, high angle calculations..you cant' beat the string and the cheeto.

My reticle, a Crayon, Mil Dot Master....with a piece of string with a cheeto on the end of it.

But seriously, Both Strelok Pro and 4DOF as well as Shooter has worked for me well with good data in...over the years. However, high angle calculations..you cant' beat the string and the cheeto.
You had me at Cheeto!

Reactions: alfmoonspace
I use a kestrel, but I like StrelokPro a lot and I also just started using BallisticsARC. It’s got a great target card you can setup and it’s really user friendly.

So I was playing around with Strelok. Didnt see my Burris XTR2 reticle. is there a way to make a custom list of distances.

For example in BA:
SmartSelect_20200129-081601_BallisticsARC.jpg

So I was playing around with Strelok. Didnt see my Burris XTR2 reticle. is there a way to make a custom list of distances.

For example in BA:
View attachment 7236563

Yes... can do that in strelok.

1580315666318.png

And, then there's a reticle view with holdovers, if you want:

1580315696167.png

And, here's what I got in a reticle search for "XTR" in Strelok Pro:

1580316107064.png
1580316304458.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Racer88
Been running Field Firing Solutions for about 6 years. It does require you to take time ti learn the program and its not available on Apple or Android systems. I use a Trimble Nomad 900

I'm sure I'm missing a lot, but the only mobile app I've found that has a feature I wish strelok has is the AB app using their drag models. 30$ then 1$ per custom drag.

Strelok is working with Lapua for custom drags. Their center X is spot on in my vudoo out to 300

I play with StrelokPro a lot when I don’t have my kestrel in front of me. I always double check my kestrel with StrelokPro. I got burned with some bad custom drag models in AB on my phone that gave me bogus drops early on (fixed in the next update but I had to start over on the profiles). Since then I’ve had good luck with the AB CDMs velocity trued at 1k. Within a tenth from 100 to 1k. When I velocity true StrelokPro at 1k my 600 yard elevation is usually with 2-4 tenths. Needs a BC tweak to line everything up.

Same for me, I have used those 3. Only have 4DOF and Strelok Pro on my phone still and I pretty much only use Strelok. The interface, while not as slick looking, is more intuitive. And for me, in most of the places I shoot, the Meteo feature that pulls real time weather metrics from the closest weather station works great although not as good as an actual Kestrel.

question for you guys who have several:

would you rather a free one that is OK but not great with some connectivity limits

pay per month (free upgrades etc) samll fee but works well with almost all platforms

a lump sum up front but works well with almost platforms

just wondering

question for you guys who have several:

would you rather a free one that is OK but not great with some connectivity limits

pay per month (free upgrades etc) samll fee but works well with almost all platforms

a lump sum up front but works well with almost platforms

just wondering

No way on the subcription-based idea.

I'm happy to pay for a good app.... ONCE. And, I have... Strelok Pro. Well worth the $12. Actually, it's worth way more than that. :)

Reactions: brianf
I use Shooter and AB on my Kestrel. Solutions are very much nearly same and shooter uses AB bullet profiles.

I have several of the usual suspects and to be honest, they are all within 0.1 MIL of each other and provide solid data if your inputs are correct. I always suggest getting one the is the easiest for YOU to use. Shooter and AB Mobile are almost alike and easy to navigate and modify. StrelokPro is fairly easy as is Ballistic ARC. The Kestrels with AB or 4DOF take a little time to learn how to navigate but if you use them on a regular basis, they are solid as well.

Another Strelok Pro fan here. It was the easiest for me to learn to use.

Sterlok Pro and 4DOF. I default to Sterlok most of the time unless I want to compare specific metrics to a Hornady bullet I'm using in that session.

Initially I used Ballistic AE but it was pretty inaccurate past 500 yrds with my 6.5 PRC hand loads.
A buddy recommended Applied Ballistics and it matched almost exactly with real world log data I was getting so that's what I use now and have been very happy. That being said I have not tested it past 1200 yrds.

***EDIT:
Looking back at the actual data I shouldn’t have said “pretty inaccurate past 500 yrds”. That is not true. A better statement is AB is more accurate with that gun past 1000 yrds.

Last edited:
Initially I used Ballistic AE but it was pretty inaccurate past 500 yrds with my 6.5 PRC hand loads.
A buddy recommended Applied Ballistics and it matched almost exactly with real world log data I was getting so that's what I use now and have been very happy. That being said I have not tested it past 1200 yrds.
Interesting
I’ve gotten excellent results with Ballistic AE with multiple combinations quite a bit further than 500 yards.

guess I’m getting lucky with it.

Last edited:
Interesting
I’ve gotten excellent results with Ballistic AE with multiple combinations quite a bit further than 500 yards.

guess I’m getting lucky with it.

I edited my original post to more accurately reflect my experience after relooking at the data. Here’s a pic from my log and 2 pics of Ballistic AE screenshots and 2 from AB respectively.

Attachments

• 833EA25B-C062-4A54-9536-3C7CB2209466.jpeg
    833EA25B-C062-4A54-9536-3C7CB2209466.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DB798515-077C-4D08-9832-ACA69275ACBE.png
    DB798515-077C-4D08-9832-ACA69275ACBE.png
    922.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 56F61FD9-34B1-4C77-9E83-8B0CBC237230.png
    56F61FD9-34B1-4C77-9E83-8B0CBC237230.png
    1 MB · Views: 73
  • C823E652-2C54-40C8-B1D0-28340051396C.png
    C823E652-2C54-40C8-B1D0-28340051396C.png