• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's everyone's favorite AR10 charging handle?

2aBaC̶a̶

Humans are amusing
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2019
I Da ho
I have a POF tomahawk and Noveske Bad Ass which looks like a Giessele.

Not 100% on them and looking for something else with a little better grip or leverage.

I have the AXTS charging handle and love it. I just picked up two Geissele Super Charging Handles that I'm going to try when they had their black Friday sale.

Reactions: 10ring'r
+ 1 for the Geissele.
I have the Noveske and love it.
FYI- it is a Geissele Super charging handle rebranded.
For some reason I can always find the Noveske cheaper ($94 ish at Rainier) then the Geissele ($124)
1575789890007.png
1575789923614.png

1575790367194.png

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
I use the PRI gas buster, cause then if I put a suppressor on the gun I don't get "soot" in my eyeballs :D

Use on large and small frame (different versions)

PRI = Precision Reflex Inc (google for that)

I'm biased but a JP AR10 upper with the side charger is my favorite. It is much better but rifle becomes a tiny bit more bulky.

I think a side charger would be ideal plus it would also solve a charging handle conflict with a cheek riser.

... charging handle conflict with a cheek riser

I use CTR stocks on my stoner rifles (both large frame and small frame) which can have a cheek riser added that slides back out of the way when charging. This is only necessarily for me when I'm using "rails on rails" to either get optics up higher or create a ONE PIECE rail to get day optics and clipons lined up better. I get the CTR stocks and cheek risers from LARUE. I think they made them for their 7.62 OBRs but sell them separately.

I use CTR stocks on my stoner rifles (both large frame and small frame) which can have a cheek riser added that slides back out of the way when charging. This is only necessarily for me when I'm using "rails on rails" to either get optics up higher or create a ONE PIECE rail to get day optics and clipons lined up better. I get the CTR stocks and cheek risers from LARUE. I think they made them for their 7.62 OBRs but sell them separately.
The CTR with a RISR is a great combo. I run it on my LMT with an ATACR.

I actually have a CTR with the magpul cheek riser on it now. The stock has to be fully extended to pull the charging handle back and the BCG just makes it past the catch but the wings on the POF tomohawk still hit. It functions but I'm not happy with it.

Last edited:
... The stock has to be fully extended to pull the charging handle back and the BCG just makes it past the catch but the wings on the POF tomohawk still hit ...

Hmmm ... I just put the riser on all three of my CTRs on all three of my stoner rifles ... and it functioned the same way on each. Oh, and I collapsed the stock all the way in before each test. Pull the charging handle to the rear and the riser "top" (spring loaded) slides back to allow the charging handle to be pulled all the way to the rear. Everything functioned correctly on all three rifles. Got mil-spec charger from parts box .. 52.64mm with calipers ... versus PRI gas buster 57.14 mm. So the PRIs are a little bit wider, but still function with the RISER.

I'm happy with the PRI's especially since they solved the "soot in eye when shooting stoner rifle with suppressor" problem I was having. Strangely, this doesn't seem to happen on the carbines (a.k.a. SBRs) with suppressors on them, so I've never replaced the chargers on them).

Hmmm ... I just put the riser on all three of my CTRs on all three of my stoner rifles ... and it functioned the same way on each. Oh, and I collapsed the stock all the way in before each test. Pull the charging handle to the rear and the riser "top" (spring loaded) slides back to allow the charging handle to be pulled all the way to the rear. Everything functioned correctly on all three rifles. Got mil-spec charger from parts box .. 52.64mm with calipers ... versus PRI gas buster 57.14 mm. So the PRIs are a little bit wider, but still function with the RISER.

I'm happy with the PRI's especially since they solved the "soot in eye when shooting stoner rifle with suppressor" problem I was having. Strangely, this doesn't seem to happen on the carbines (a.k.a. SBRs) with suppressors on them, so I've never replaced the chargers on them).
I think he was referring to the Magpul cheekriser and not the LaRue RISR. The Magpul one doesn’t reciprocate and requires the stock to be placed at a setting to where it won’t interfere.

Reactions: wigwamitus
... I think he was referring to the Magpul cheekriser and not the LaRue RISR. The Magpul one doesn’t reciprocate and requires the stock to be placed at a setting to where it won’t interfere ..

Ah !!!

Thanks for the clarification !!! (I wasn't aware of the different Magpul version)

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I use the CTR stock on one of my rifles, along with the Magpul cheek riser. I usually run the gun with the riser reversed (looks kinda stupid) on the CTR stock and then I have to use either pos. 5 or 6, which is comfortable to me, but if I was a runner/gunner and needed to have it in the 3 or 4 pos., I wouldn't be able to run the C/H if I had an issue. All my C/H's are Radian "Raptors". No malf. or bent one's yet. Mac

I'm biased but a JP AR10 upper with the side charger is my favorite. It is much better but rifle becomes a tiny bit more bulky.

Absolute best thing about a side charger is that gas to the face when running suppressed becomes a non-event. Switching back and forth between systems really highlights the benefit.

Eying both of these and a Griffin Arms Snatch.

The avalanche is never in stock.
in their industry forum on TOS, I asked them about that, the AR-15 avalanche just came in stock, and the reply was that the AR-10 version should be in-stock soon. I usually get a couple when they're available because, yeah, you're right, they're never in stock when you need one.

I use the CTR stock on one of my rifles, along with the Magpul cheek riser. I usually run the gun with the riser reversed (looks kinda stupid) on the CTR stock and then I have to use either pos. 5 or 6, which is comfortable to me, but if I was a runner/gunner and needed to have it in the 3 or 4 pos., I wouldn't be able to run the C/H if I had an issue. All my C/H's are Radian "Raptors". No malf. or bent one's yet. Mac
Ah !!!

Thanks for the clarification !!! (I wasn't aware of the different Magpul version)

Just checked out the Larue site for this riser and it's on sale for $19. Worth a try.

BCM Gunfighter is great when on a budget.

The Armageddon Tactical GMS-10 EVO is best overall IMHO.

BCM Gunfighter is great when on a budget.

The Armageddon Tactical GMS-10 EVO is best overall IMHO.

How does the Armageddon release the latch?

I was looking at that one because it resembles my all time favorite small frame AR charging handle which is a Blackhawk latchless.

Last edited:
The Gen II (which is what I have) uses a pretty standard arm setup (you can see that here). The EVO is supposed to be latchless which looks very nice and the company is great.

Anything that won't tear a hole in you when you have to carry it slung.
That Geissele hurts just looking at it....
Yes!! I used to think the big latches were cool until I started carrying a gun with one at night.

The radian isn't bad. LMT and pri also

I use the PRI gas buster, cause then if I put a suppressor on the gun I don't get "soot" in my eyeballs :D

Use on large and small frame (different versions)

PRI = Precision Reflex Inc (google for that)

The Gasbusters work ( I have a couple), but the AXTS, RAPTOR, Geiselle, and BCM's all have a raised shelf/flange in the rear that perform the same function.