• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats going on here?

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
???

Attachments

• 20210410_224152.jpg
    20210410_224152.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 263
As of right now, I am going cross eyed staring at a blurry ass picture, trying to figure out what a swarf is. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There was something on your bolt face when you fired that one.
I agree, the picture is too small and blurry to tell too much.
(swarf is machining debris...that may have been on the bolt face when the OP fired this round)

Did the firing pin get stuck? Kinda looks like it stayed out while it ejected to me
This makes sense. I need to double check my brass with the headspace comparator. This is a brand new barrel.

As of right now, I am going cross eyed staring at a blurry ass picture, trying to figure out what a swarf is. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There was something on your bolt face when you fired that one.
It happened more than once.

Maybe post a smaller pic and not state what rifle or other particulars because most people here are mind readers.

Maybe firing pin a little sticky. Here's an old post.

This makes sense. I need to double check my brass with the headspace comparator. This is a brand new barrel.
I don't think that explanation makes any sense. The case head does not slide across the bolt. The ejector pushes it on one side and it pivots toward the extractor. If the firing pin was stuck out, you would find out when it rammed the next round into battery; and it went bang again.

I don't think that explanation makes any sense. The case head does not slide across the bolt. The ejector pushes it on one side and it pivots toward the extractor. If the firing pin was stuck out, you would find out when it rammed the next round into battery; and it went bang again.
Of course, you're absolutely correct.

Some little piece of metal (swarf) may have shaved off of one of the bullets during loading, and ended up on the bolt face. Check the diameter of that mark.