• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's in a Username

gasrat

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2019
SE Kentucky
Bored as hell here at work, so got to thinking about the nicknames people use on forums like this. Just always been curious about the stories behind them or how they came about. I know some are last names with numbers, but there are several others I've seen that intrigue me. Don't know how many of you will contribute, but figured I'd see if anyone else would share how their usernames came about. Again, I'm just bored as hell and looking for something to talk about since I'm the only one in the office this morning.

I'll start. My username, which I've been asked about before on other boards, came about one day while sitting in a doctor's office waiting room. There on the table was a copy of Hot Rod Magazine. On the front cover was the text, highlighting and article inside, which read. "Inside the building of a 1000 HP Pump Gas Rat", which, to anyone who may not know, Rat, is reference to a Big Block Chevrolet power plant. So the article highlighted the building of the Rat motor, which produced 1,000 hp and could be operated on pump gas and not high octane race fuels. Just started using that name and have been for many, many years.

Before I did forums, many moons ago, I was reading the comments at the end of an article, and saw some guy just a bitchin and complaining about something. I don’t even remember what about, but he was just pissin and moaning. I signed up to that site as Srgt. Hulka (yes I know it’s spelled wrong) just so I could tell him to Lighten up Francis. Well, that really pissed him off. So, whenever I sign up for a forum, I always sign up as Srgt. Hulka.

502 cubic inches of built big block in a 68 Chevelle. My life is too busy and I don’t get it out enough. Right now it is blocked in by a 300 lb welding table project.
3B18ECC9-F424-474C-9F00-EAE63E23D883.jpeg

Mine is a nickname for one of my favorite cars ever, a diesel w124 Mercedes. My next vehicle will be a diesel too and will have the same nickname

502 cubic inches of built big block in a 68 Chevelle. My life is too busy and I don’t get it out enough. Right now it is blocked in by a 300 lb welding table project.View attachment 7834420
Had a 69 Chevelle for many years. Mine was a 396/375 horse , 3.73 ratio rear.... M-21 Trans , Hurst Shifter. Bench seats (rare) , and one of a few with factory A/C. Most 325 and 350 horse A/C was common. Still have the window sticker .....$ 4,400.00 🙈

Had a 69 Chevelle for many years. Mine was a 396/375 horse , 3.73 ratio rear.... M-21 Trans , Hurst Shifter. Bench seats (rare) , and one of a few with factory A/C. Most 325 and 350 horse A/C was common. Still have the window sticker .....$ 4,400.00 🙈
How about your handle?

Reactions: Sandhog308
I've done a lot of things I'm proud of over the years, (and a few I'm not...lol) but my greatest accomplishment was my kids turning out right. OK, the wife had a lot to do with that, but I am Daddyusmaximus. Plus I really loved the Gladiator movie, and the kids loved The Incredibles. (OK, so did I)

I think this would be better if we took turns quessing what they all came from.

You may think mine has something to do with my sanity, but it is really a nod to testicular cancer.

You'd think getting bagged would hurt half as much, nah not really.
Self exams take half as long, which is a downer if you have a helper.

TMI, I know.

Well my username on other forums was taken. " SEXYBEAST104". So I just used random letters of my name.

Reactions: Sandhog308
I did go by another name, Goldie, which I picked because I had a collection of 1500 year old Mayan Gold amulets. sold them and decided I need a change. Being as Lowlight and I didnt get along at that time, and he banned me repeatedly, I picked a name that the Corps used to call newbie recruits.

Maggot out

web names cause I own one a cuda owner not very creative . Sadly it's more like I owned one since it has not driven for far too long since I raced a corvette and lost a rear axle bearing and the wheels stopped spinning at about 140 mph in the 80's . My health took a dive into the toilet so the car has been sitting in limbo waiting and needing a restoration to make it road worthy once again , But my health seems to keep that on the back burner .

web names cause I own one a cuda owner not very creative . Sadly it's more like I owned one since it has not driven for far too long since I raced a corvette and lost a rear axle bearing and the wheels stopped spinning at about 140 mph in the 80's . My health took a dive into the toilet so the car has been sitting in limbo waiting and needing a restoration to make it road worthy once again , But my health seems to keep that on the back burner .
Heres hoping your health improves and the cuda gets restored.

I used to shoot a lot of 3-D archery, and I might have broken a few arrow nocks along the way. I may have been accused of aiming for their nocks. I am pleading the 5th. So, I have been nockhunter ever since. The avatar is from one of my favorite bugs bunny cartoons.

Mike

Darayavaus is Darius in Old Persian, because I studied and taught ancient history, but I knew if I picked "Cyrus" people would think of Miley, and if I picked Xerxes, they'd assume it's the weird freak from "300".
Could have gone with Leonidas or even Herodotus. While studying philosophy at the University I took a course in ancient Greek history. The instructor was freshly back from a years sabbatical in Greece and Macedonia. We had to read either The History by Herodotus or The History of the Peloponnesian War by Thucydides. I read Herodotus first and was so enthralled I read them both. We owe so much to those guys.

Mine is a long and boring, yet complicated tale.

A long time ago, I used to build and race motorcycles and cars…eventually got into spec Miata, so joined a couple Miata forums. I happened to have a ‘91 British Racing Green and intended to use ‘91BRG’ or ‘91Roadster’ as my call sign, but alas, both were already taken.

In the Japanese home market, the Miata is known as the Eunos Roadster, so I just punted and picked 91Eunos. Still have that one on several car forums.

Years later when I eventually started getting into prepping, etc. I joined a forum called Zombie Squad…tongue in cheek reference to the idea that if you’re prepared for zombies, you’re prepared for anything, but actually a lot of great info on that old site…now lost forever unfortunately. They had a lot of block letter logos with back-to-back Zs, with the second one reversed…that usually was shown as ‘ZS’ in normal text.

As a nod to the ZS nomenclature, I changed my screen name by simply adding a ‘Z’ before the S at the end, and became 91Eunozs…. Just kept that one as I joined other boards over the years, including this one.

Last edited:
Been a fan of Honky-tonk music and the establishments it originated for all my life. Back in the late 90's and early 2000's radio quit playing it. Around about that time the Texas Music scene picked up. Im a big fan of the singer songwriter/folk music as well.
I put my favorite two types of music together.

Probably like a friend of mine that passed last year. He rolled up on some ladies one night in a bar, and yes, he was ship wrecked. One of them asked him something, and I heard him respond with, "Yeah, it ain't but about three inches long, but it's as round as a cheese wheel."
As a friend of mine used to say, "Hung like a tuna can." :ROFLMAO:

Used to game online ,Ghost Recon ,coop .Our team was Night Hawks ,my call sign over teamspeak was 4X . I use it ,in hopes that NH5M sees this ,and makes contact.

Mark , I hope you ain't a shark turd........I warned your Aussie ass 20yrs ago to stay out tha water.

Gunsnjeeps, just like GunsnRoses. Because guns, jeeps, and rock and roll. I've been gunsnjeeps since Hotmail went on line. If it been more recent it would be gunsnfukinjeeps, same story.

ETA: the picture is a range in ABQ in 2006. I was working on a road crew for a .gov contractor and there was a range caddy corner to our work site. First time in a year I got to shoot.

Lobo is spanish for my last name but I'm not spanish. My first center fire rifle was a 1895 Mauser in 7x57 that my grandfather gave my dad and my dad gave to me. My son now owns it. I've since replaced it with a couple mod 98's in that caliber. I shoot alot of calibers, but that caliber is still my favorite. Old sporterized Mausers are an addiction I can't seem to kick, they just keep following me home.