• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing What's in difference in

KHOOKS

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2008
Central Alabama
like a .223 rem, .223 ai, .223 whyle chambers? And what performance differences is there over the standard chambering?

Re: What's in difference in

the difference is the .223 rem in a SAAMI minimum spec chamber, the wylde chamber is one that can utilize ammo that is either .223 remington or 5.56 Nato. The Nato and the Remington are close but slightly different. The .223 AI is an improved version of the .223 giving the shoulder a sharper angle and an advantage in case capacity and velocity.

Dave

On my DPMS AR-15 the gun is stamped 5.56. The guys at the gun shop stated that I can shoot 5.56 Nato and .223 Rem ammo caused the 5.56 has the higher chamber pressures of the two.

So it is a .223 Wylde chamber?

Ken

the wylde chamber will work with both the .223 and 5.56 but is designed to be a good medium . if you have a 5.56 chamber and shoot 223 chances are that it want be as acurate as if you had a 223 chamber. a 223 wylde gives you back some of that accuracy and still lets you shoot 5.56

i personally would buy a gun in the wylde chamber before the other 2.but 5.56 wold be my second choice