• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

whats in your bug out bag

customgun1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
arkansas
been making my b.o.g. and was wanting to get what others have been or have put in theirs ,might help me and others know of things I might we missing

pp_zps9939935a.jpg

beer_zps9ed82063.jpg

chair_zps4d97e8c1.jpg

j900_zps3bcdb2b6.jpg

Last edited:
31 large Slim Jims
Biggest GD Bowie knife I could find, cheaper the better.
1 well worn copy of the Kama Sutra
12 Twinkies
3 tubes of KY jelly
1 well worn toothbrush
pack of Juicy Fruit gum
set of Motorola walkie talkies in case I meet a friend
ziploc bag of metamucil, for those "problems" encountered from eating a steady diet of "mystery meat"
face paint, in case I want to play cowboys and indians
slingshot
blowgun
my XBox 360(just in case)
portable DVD player
1 DVD copy of "The Crying Game"
my smart phone and charger
1 seven inch pink dildo

raid_can.jpg

Should be in every Bug out bag, of course.

Which one?

I carry a small bag in the car, not really a bug out bag but basic "just in case, I'm really f&@ked" gear.
Tin foil (not for hat)
Super glue
Fishing line
Glow sticks
Lighter
Matches
Fire starter
Flashlight
Batteries
Mirror
Chem heaters
Tampon (proved most useful, handed it out twice to chicks who were in need)
Small first aid kit
Multitool
Knife
Zip ties
Space blanket
Some sort of energy bar

My big ol bag from my Jarhead days is a probably seriously outdated CFP90 and its setup for a bug out, but more for a bug out camping trip so
Long johns
Utility trousers and blouse
Wool socks
Regular socks
Hunting boots
Bunny hat (don't know what it's called but its warm and it has ear flaps that look bunnyish)
Outdated tac vest (still works though)
Modular sleep system with gore tex biv(thanks ninehotel)
All the crap mentioned in bag one
Hunter orange vest and cap
Baby wipes
My beloved issue gore tex parka
T-shirt
511 pants
Boot blouses
Book ( it's a romance novel so screw off I'm not telling)
Ear pro
Eye pro
Canvas
Mag pouches
And a few other comfort items (no pocket pu$$ies)

I have used that one 3 times to "bug out" more like camp and shoot for a few days. Try a spontaneous trip sometime, it's fun a s sh!t.

Last edited:
Oh and I have a third which I highly recommend to everyone in the hide. My range bag, it's always packed and ready to go.
Standard setup
Mini NRA gunsmith box (sight in tools)
Masking tape
Home made targets
Paste on targets
200 rds .45 acp
50 rds 44 mag
200 to 500 .22 lr
(Those almost always go with me other caliber s are whatever my mood is
Tape measure
Camera
Knife
Ear pro
Eye pro
Change for vending machine
Note pad
Pens and markers

I'm not kidding set your range bag up and you"ll be shocked how much more you hit the range, sometimes I will be driving home and look at the clock and go "I got time" . Get home put pistols and mags in bag and go. Out the door in 2 min.

Ahhh, hell... since everyone else is having fun, I'll try to give a reasonably serious answer:

I don't actually have a bug-out-bag per say, but I'm the kind of guy who tries to be prepared for the things I might need to deal with in my travels. Since I'm an outdoor enthusiast and a shooter, I already have quite a bit of camping gear, freeze-dried food, and guns/ammo stuff on hand. If things hit the fan, I'd probably grab what I thought I might need of this stuff.

But, more to the point of a preparedness kit, I'll talk of the stuff I have in my truck. Since I often travel to places that are pretty remote, and do so in a state where weather can be a real concern in the high mountains, I try to keep my truck stocked for the emergencies I think I might someday encounter. I have a topper on the bed of my truck, and a sleeping platform built in the back that I use for camping. The area under this platform is used for storage, and I try to keep enough emergency gear back there to get me through expected problems. Here's a partial list:

1) A selection of hand tools that are appropriate for working on my truck (picked mostly for the needs of servicing this vehicle)
2) A spare fuel filter and water separator for the truck (it's a diesel). A quart of oil for the truck.
3) A tow strap and tow shackle for vehicle recovery
4) 2 MRE's, 2 MRE heaters, 3-5 freeze dried meals, an alcohol stove, a cookpot, and a liter of fuel for the stove. Also, some simple store-bought food: a package of jerky, a couple of cans of tuna, some M&M's, etc. The food I have should be enough to comfortably sustain me for about a week, should I break down or get stranded in a blizzard in the middle of nowhere.
5) A sleeping bag and sleeping pad.
6) A water purifier and spare water bottle.
7) A change of clothes to include: BDU pants and long underwear, spare socks and underwear, a fleece jacket, a waterproof/breathable shell, a windstopper hat, and a set of gloves. If you get soaked in the backcountry even on an everyday trip, this stuff can be nice to have. But, it can be a lifesaver if you're caught otherwise unprepared in a bad situation.
8) A candle lantern, matches, and a lighter
9 A first aid kit, whistle, and spare flashlight
10) A camp towel
11) a 500 pack of .22lr ammo (I don't usually keep the rifle in the vehicle, but often throw it in when heading to the mountains... so the ammo is there if I want/need it)
12) During the months when weather doesn't stay below freezing I usually keep a 7-gallon container of water in the back of the truck.
13) A set of work gloves for vehicle repair type stuff.
14) Some paper towels and toilet paper.
15) A surplus style shovel.

The tools are stored in a tool box, and the emergency/survival equipment is stored in a rubbermaid style tote. I'm sure there's other stuff I thought to throw in there that I just can't think of at the moment, but you get the gist of what I'm saying. The truck works well for this purpose because I can easily keep the stuff I want to have in the vehicle without interfering with my ability to transport the other stuff I need, or tow the trailers I tow. It's just a couple of boxes that are back there in case I ever need them.

To me, the non-gun stuff is a far more important part of my survival equipment than the gun stuff is, for the most part. I'm much more likely to find myself broken down or weather-stranded 50 miles from help than I am to find myself fighting off hoards of the undead. I guess if we were talking about an "end of the world, zombies eating our brains" scenario, I'd certainly be grabbing more of the gun stuff. But, there's no real need to throw this in a bug out bag, at least from my perspective. I can grab my food, guns, and ammo within a couple of minutes if I ever saw the need to, and the truck is already set up for vehicle camping as is. I do carry my CCW gun with me pretty much all the time, so that's already with me regardless of what vehicle I'm using.

boone, that's funny.. but you're probably right, something to bribe whoever, probably some cash

1. Pack for a 3 day long camping trip
2. Look at what you packed
3. Take out the stupid shit
4. Replace with very common and simple items
5. It's not a "camping trip" if you truly need it

That said, I don't have one. Hope this helps.

1. Pack for a 3 day long camping trip
2. Look at what you packed
3. Take out the stupid shit
4. Replace with very common and simple items
5. It's not a "camping trip" if you truly need it

That said, I don't have one. Hope this helps.

this, pretty much.

first aid kit with all kinds of stuff i have no idea how to use
a big knife
clothing and shelter related items
a few different light sources..chemlights, flashlights, led thingies
sharpener for the big knife
leather gloves so you don't lose a finger playing with the big knife
emergency poncho, emergency blanket and/or emergency shelter
water purification drops
(for contingency stuff like a bag in your trunk this pretty much covers it)

for hunting or camping there are more specific items like fire starting kit, weapons, gps/map/compass, sealable plastic bags for game and garbage..

2 cans of dip, a can of cheese wiz, bottle of Jack and some beef jerky for my lab. Oh yea a knife to open the dip and to skin critters that the lab brings back to survive on.

2 cans of dip, a can of cheese wiz, bottle of Jack and some beef jerky for my lab. Oh yea a knife to open the dip and to skin critters that the lab brings back to survive on.

You use a knife to open a can of dip?

I live in the country, so I am not in need of bugging out. Some non-perishables and a few years of toilet paper and I am set. But since i have to leave my house on a daily basis... I will describe my truck kit:

* Foil (for hat making)
* 2 kukris (for dual weilding)
* Digi cam shemagh (for rural hiding)
* Urban cam shemagh (for urban hiding)
* black shemagh (for ninja hiding, this is the most useful one)

* two wo0l blankets (in case I get stuck, or on a long stalk)
* vehicle fluids and tools
* latest sport rider magazine (in case I get stuck, or on a long stalk)
* lotion (for dry hands, or alone time when reading about new motorcycles. Those new kawis are HOT)

Thats about it. I am thinking of adding a few cases of krylon to the truck carry kit. I feel fairly safe with my hat making skills, but I need to be able to spray camo the truck when I think there is an active drone in the area, thats where the krylon comes in.

On days when I feel that I may encounter the undead, I ditch the wool blankets and truck supplies for an AR and a few thousand rounds. Screw maintaining the truck, blasting caps is MUCH more important. When I run out, then its dual wielding time. >=)