• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's it worth/ what should ask for it?

komifornian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
Okay, hopefully I have enough posts and have been contributing to this site long enough that I can ask a few questions without getting any snide or “I’m irritated you should have done your research or posted this somewhere else” comments.
Unfortunately my family and I have run into some tough times financially so I need to unload some of my favorite things! family first though right guys…
This is what I have and want to know what I should ask for it.
Remington 40X action that’s been trued and blueprinted by Short Action Customs (SAC)
Other work done to the action and bolt are:
Side bolt release – work done by SAC.
8/40 base screw upgrade - work done by SAC
Bolt fluted and tactical bolt knob installed – work done by Kampfeld Custom
24” Krieger barrel - 8.5 twist chambered in 6.5 Creemoor – Fluted
Cerekote barreled action in flat black
AICS 2.0 chassis – Green
Atlas bipod
Re-worked 40x trigger 2 lbs
US Optics Rings and Base
US Optics SN3 T-Pal 3.2-17

Only 53 rounds have been through this rig !
Super accurate. I’m an okay marksman and can shoot bug holes at 200 meters
What should I ask for it?
Thanks for your help guys!

Re: What's it worth/ what should ask for it?

Any time I go to sell a gun I usually get 70% of purchase price. This seems to be normal in my area. Hope that gives you a start. Look and see if there is anything to compair to in the for sale section. And pay attention to how long it takes to be sold. Best I can do hope that helps.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you guys think it's best to post here or on the other auction sites - Gunbroker, GunsAmerica ect...? </div></div>

In my opinion... All of them!

Just keep track... An "I'll take it" post on this forum is equal to a "Buy it now" option

Snipershide isn't an auction site, so the actual asking price better be posted atleast here, along with a disclaimer disclosing that the item is posted elsewhere.

sell the bipod separate - as much as 85%
offer the rifle/scope base with or without scope/rings (the package as a chunk cuts potential)
rifle like this with a lot of custom work 70- 75%
scope 80%
rings 70%
do not sell the scope separate until the rifle sells and $$ is collected (this gives the options to the buyer of the more difficult to move item)

verbage such as: not looking for/unlikely to respond to offers/ trades will trim the tire kicking PM's and makes it so you can delete low offer PM's without being rude

the seller controls the price and decides on when/how much reductions will be made - not lowballers

if there is no action after 1 week/ 3 bumps go down 5% - then 2% more each week or 2

if a potential buyer is newer to the site with no good completed deals, only hold SPF long enough for overnight payment(2-3 days) too many excuses/ back outs cost you weeks that potentially cost you a legit sale - 20 $ for overnight is not out of proportion on an item like this

try to double box it for shipping

items like this do not move well on gunbroker etc. - no harm trying though
listing it at long range hunter may be worth trying

people seriously looking for something like this used (and willing to pay) are pretty much aware of this site/will check the for sale listings

Agree with what George said. Excellent summation of the price structure and how sales usually (or should) proceed. Good luck with the sale.