• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats it worth?

jeff1383

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2012
Frisco, TX
Came across a lightly used what looks to be the older model DTA covert with a 16" 308 bbl. Chassis doesnt have the monopod but comes with a mag. Is $3k an ok asking price?
Thanks, Jeff

if its a gen one Short action customs makes barrels that work on both gen one and gen two. I paid 4200 for my gen two that was very slightly used. same configuration.

Gen 3 (A1) has adjustable cheekpiece. The biggest difference between gen one and two is that gen one has a pin to index the barrel and gen two has a much wider lug to index the barrel. Both are seen at the 6 o'clock position at the bottom of the barrel when you take them out. Also if you take the plastic skins off the gen ones and very early gen twos dont have the threaded hole in the rear of the chassis for the monopod.

Gen 3 (A1) has adjustable cheekpiece. The biggest difference between gen one and two is that gen one has a pin to index the barrel and gen two has a much wider lug to index the barrel. Both are seen at the 6 o'clock position at the bottom of the barrel when you take them out. Also if you take the plastic skins off the gen ones and very early gen twos dont have the threaded hole in the rear of the chassis for the monopod.

Actually I believe all the gen 2's and a lot of the gen 1's have the receiver threaded for the monopod. Mine is a fairly early gen 1 and it was threaded for the pod. The biggest difference is the barrel indexing pin vs the index on the feed ramp and the gen 2's have a bolt that has a replacable bolt head instead of swapping the whole bolt. Not sure exactly when they started doing that for sure.
I don't see a lot of advantage to the gen 2 or the A1. They don't shoot any better and barrel extensions are still available for the gen 1 so you can have any barrel you want made up for it regardless of vintage. They're great rifles and I dont' think $3K is out of line.

Frank

I feel any DTA is worth it. I love mine and have never regretted it once