• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's left of our range......bad flooding

Cheese

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2006
CONUS
I guess the only way we will be shooting at the range is some Gunboat practice.
I haven't experienced rain and tornadoes like this in my entire life.
Fortunately most of it is just property.
Although regrettably there has been loss of life.
General-Range-Pic.jpg

Covered line in the background.
Speed-Limit.jpg

Says' it all.

Re: What's left of our range......sad

The river has yet to crest in our neighborhood. The lower houses have their backyards under water but sitting here on the high ground, well, it's starting to dry out now that the sun is back.
Flood Plains are well named are they not?

Stay Dry Cheese!

damn that sucks....

11 years ago on this date Oklahoma had the worst outbreak of tornados in history. I was underground and my neighbors house was blown down to the slab. It is truly a helpless feeling!

Hope the water backs off soon!

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Duck hunting?</span>

Inappropriate on my part...

We haven't had near the rain and storms you guys had. But the electrical storm about 1:30am last night lit up the whole house. Our local weather guy said last night that the Nashville area had just over 15 inches of rain in 24 hours.

Stay dry.

From experience, do not go out and play in the mud after the water goes down. 4X4 just means you can get a little further out into the slop before you get stuck.

GI Jane would work.
Except for that whole shaved head thingy.

Red River has us locked between 374, 41A and any bridge between them. FOrtunately Lowe's and Kroger's are accessable via a small short cut. Having a house on the high ground is nice but we have maybe 8 neighbors who own land and homes on the edge of the flood plain. No mail yesterday, but UPS was on point! Kids are liking the fact that schools are closed until the waters recede.

I have some family over in Nashville.
Man I thought we had it bad here. Nashville looks like a battle zone.
They were finding people drowned in their cars.
This blows.

So far N-Ville has 7:15 dead throughout the state. I have yet to see anyone on the news looting or acting the ass. Says a lot for the people of TN. Many good people hereabouts.
OT: Found out another Nor-Cal bud from Drum is here too. We chewed Afghan sand together for a year so it'll be good to catch up and BS

Robe,

How is it by you?

And again, I'm blown away by the lack of coverage.
F'em we'll cover ourselves like good neighbors do.

Hey, Scott
Here's another pic of the Old range pit area. this was taken by Gabe Hendricks from a boat near the old target shed. The pit wall is 8 feet tall, and you can just see the tin roof over it. The white square thingies sticking out of the water to the right are the number boards on the forward side of the berm.

055-1.jpg

Well crap, rode out 374, 41A and found we are indeed locked down. If there is a bridge the Red River has it covered and LEO has it road blocked. Many businesses are shut down in the area so the kids are assed out on Sonics Cherry Lime Aid's.
We are truly fortunate and thankful that we have no flood issues on our property. We only had a bit of dirt and mulch to clean up because it all ran downhill during the downpour.

The bottom of the hill from us

28877_1249754133469_1517959568_30537218_2160321_n.jpg

The water is 10' from the street here, but goes well into the backyards and houses to the left

28877_1249754013466_1517959568_30537215_5589254_n.jpg

That is the Red River, which should be on the other side of those trees well below their limbs. What you are seeing is a soy bean field and a tractor somewhere around 100M from that stop sign

too bad the oil slick is getting all the press...
the cops should be there soon to pick up your guns like after Katrina.

My Uncle's residence / land, which I frequent several times a year to hunt, is about an hour or so NE of Nashville. He said that they got 14+ inches of rain, had a few trees down and had a few spots where the road washed out. They are at the top of a mountain ridge, so no chance of water in the house. The lake is higher than he's ever seen it, with no chance of the dam being opened for relief. The oil disaster in the gulf has eclipsed anything on the news here about the perils in KY + TN. Glad to see alot of folks that had preparations in place and are making the best of a horrid situation.

I am Nashville as I type this.

The Opryland hotel was evacuated and the news report says it will be midsummer before it reopens. Coming down the interstate, I could see where the rivers had overran the interstate and debris hanging HIGH in the trees on the side.

In Manchester(my AO), I had water running from the front to the back in small rivers. I came out OK, but there was loss of life in the teens in Middle Tennessee.

david

WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! My Neon was flooded at the shop! I love/hated that little car and now it's all wet, smelly and AFU. Water went all the way to and into teh CD player just under the base of the dash. Memphis AUdio speakers ruined, but I think the amps in back and the 12 are ok. Yeah, I wanted to fix it because it was paid for, but the 2k+ we will get to total it out means another damn car not somewhere down the road. SHoot, that car was just getting good, what with the wheel wells getting a little lighter and the hood and trunk lid getting lighter from, heh heh, metal loss via corrosion...and here we were just yesterday thankin the Good Lord that we were all safe and nothing was messed up. Oh well, still thankin the Good Lord because we are safe and sound, besides I think this will force the issue of Panty 6 getting a job
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you live outside of Nashville, you may not be aware, but our city was hit by a 500-year flood over the last few days. </div></div>

Holy crap, batman! Here in SoCal, I have heard absolutely zero about this. Lots about dying birds on the gulf coast. I spent 32 days in Mississippi after Katrina. I'll keep my wildfires, you can have your floods.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sespe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy crap, batman! Here in SoCal, I have heard absolutely zero about this. Lots about dying birds on the gulf coast. </div></div>

As of today THREE (that's 3) birds have been located with excessive oil syndrome. 1 effectively cleansed with liquid Dawn and 2 KIA. That came up in a conversation with one of the biologists while detailed in Venice.

The dead turtles that washed ashore in MS were probably murdered by shrimpers who ditched the TED (turtle excluder device) to ensure a better catch during the short period they were given to trawl. No large number of critters dead down there, yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! My Neon was flooded at the shop! </div></div>

Hey Switch,
Sorry to hear about the demise of the beloved Neon. Hope all else stays dry.

Ah, we are on high ground here. The NEon will be totalled and the 'aftermarket' racing wheels and audio will be a seperate attached claim. The loss of life in TN overall has been around 17 or so people. We are just thankful that the only thing we lost was an old car that, well, kinda needed replacing anyway but shoot, it was paid for.

All our lower neighbors have their stuff out and the waters are receeding now. Lots to clean up, and lots to get back to some point of 'business as usual'. It's going to take time for the businesses to get back together and the destroyed homes will take time as well but here in TN are men and women who do something I have rarely seen in Cali, they pull together and get stuff done. While it's a wee bit old fashioned the values here are wholly intact for what is needed.

Glad to hear. The folks around my Uncle's spread seem to be of good stock, that aren't scared of a little hard work. CNN reported 29 fatalities, including MS, TN and AL. Shameful that the media is bypassing that for impending disaster here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but here in TN are men and women who do something I have rarely seen in Cali, they pull together and get stuff done.
</div></div>

Quoted for truth...

I've never seen anything like it, hope I don't ever see it again. My family lucked up and ended up with no damages but some neighbors at the end of my street had water in their houses. Just north of Memphis in Millington there is lots of damage and they had to evacuate the base if I heard correctly. Best of luck to those that got hammered by this storm, I know Nashville got it worse than Memphis did based on what I've seen on the tube. If anyone got ran out of the house by flooding and needs a place to stay, I've got a spare bedroom for ya, mi casa es su casa.

We took pictures today from the same vantage point that we took pictures from last week when the water was out. Haven't downloaded all of them yet. This is the first day that I've had off since the flood.
My oldest son's in Franklin and he said they got hammered but they're ok. We're going up there tomorrow.
We had a tornado hit the projects in '03 and all we ever heard was "When are you going to fix this?" and "What are you going to do for us?"
In contrast an F-4 hit the other side of town and a private college in '05 and the administration of the school wanted to know when we were going to close down our Command Post and allow access so they could start to rebuild.
You won't hear much (nothing) about this on national news.

I think I am more blown away by the fact that the areas affected by this massive flooding and loss of life (30 I beleive) quietly went to work cleaning up the mess and getting everything back to as normal as possible.
I can't recall any looting stories or footage can you?
I am very proud to be part of this community. Some parts of America should take notes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't recall any looting stories or footage can you?
I am very proud to be part of this community. <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Some</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">ALMOST ALL</span> parts of America should take notes <span style="font-weight: bold">and not just learn, but EXCEED</span>.</div></div>

(there, I <span style="text-decoration: line-through">fixed</span> improved that for all)

Y'all'r leading the way Scott 'n Switch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cheese</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I am more blown away by the fact that the areas affected by this massive flooding and loss of life (30 I beleive) quietly went to work cleaning up the mess and getting everything back to as normal as possible.
I can't recall any looting stories or footage can you?
I am very proud to be part of this community. Some parts of America should take notes.

</div></div>

No Joke.

Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green was 15 feet underwater last weekend. As soon as the river receded, they got to work getting it ready to run again. The amount of progress they've made so far is absolutely astounding.

Switch - I'm bummed to hear about the Neon. Was it pre- or post-new transmission?

We just found a perfect tranny for it right before the storm hit(Thanks for all your hard work BAMCIS). A call to the place was going to be made after the storm was over so we could get the car back on the road. Day we were supposed to call, they phoned us to let us know the vehicle had been flooded. Man, even the trunk was flooded out, amps done in, 12" Memphis sub soaked, the entire lot is a loss at this point.
I don't relly mind as it was my winter transpo when it too cold to ride. Way I see it, we have about 6 months to get our stuff together to replace it with a nice small gas sipper, Panty 6's pick. I only have a few mandates on the replacement:
decent rims and tires
free flowing intake/exhaust
tuned suspension
iPod access LAF* stereo system

If this is all avaialable from the manufacturer/dealer that's the way we will go.
We are looking at Ford Festiva(Ford Tuned), Honda Fit(Mugen Tuning package), Toyota Yaris(TRD Tuning Package). So far she likes the little green Ford with SYNC the best. Me, I don't really care except it has to be alightly hot rodded so it's fun to drive on the twisties

*LAF Loud As Fuck
grin.gif

gonna need a glock to shoot underwater down range for a while
frown.gif

That little Fiesta looks like a lot of fun, but I'm biased to the Blue Oval.