• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Whats the best .338 Suppressor?

2500yards

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2009
Maryland
I am eyeing up the barrett bravo, and would like to get a supressor for it as well. Not sure what company is good for that cal. I have a LaFrance for my .223 I like alot.

Also would like to know if it would be a problem with this type of barrell: pic>>

98bravo.jpg

Re: Whats the best .338 Suppressor?

I have an SAS and love it. My buddy has 2 different Jet's and when he heard the SAS he ordered one for himself!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.advanced-armament.com/product.aspx?pid=105

Bets one I've heard , but haven't compaired it to the Shark or SAS cans</div></div>

thanks for the link. That sucker is $$$.. Looks nice though.

Thanks as well guys above. I will look into those.

I believe David of Shark Suppressors will have his 338 can out shortly.

-pd

The SS one is 1600 or so and thats pretty close to most other 338 cans though some of the smaller builds offer a titanium one for about the same price , the differance between the Titan and another high reguarded 338 can (surefire) was noticable in favor of the Titan being quieter.

Now the titanium titan is a little louder but far lighter and uses a QD mount.

What's best for silencer threads usually turn into pissing matches. So I'll get in before it goes crazy.

I don't have direct experiance with any of them but am in the market myself (this means take my advice with a grain of salt as it's all based on my personal data collection) and am currently leaning towards the Surefire mostly because of the very effecient break when the can isn't mounted and the minimal and consistant impact shift when you do mount it.

For the threaded type the SRT Titanium Shadow LM seems like a very nice choice.

For the $ you can't beat a SAS can, there may be some that are lighter or smaller.

FWIW- Our Titan series of silencers....338...are probably the best silencers we have ever designed and produced.

I shot a TRG 42 with a surefire break and the surefire can on there it was pretty impressive, very little recoil and its was as quiet as my cheapo YHM 5.56 can. There was several other guys off this forum that were there on the same day and saw that gun in action and shot it and everyone was very impressed with lack of recoil and the noise level. easily hearing safe.

CJG