• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

whats the best .50 press and dies rcbs or ch4d

dave338

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
EU
i need a new press for loading .50 and .460
whats the best, most accurate rather than volume one
who makes the best dies looking for 460 steyr would you buy ch4d or rcbs?

Re: whats the best .50 press and dies rcbs or ch4d

i got a whole NEW-in-the-box set of .50BMG dies etc.....they are RCBS.....

cheers later
Its hard to see on the photos but it looks a bit homemade/diy is it top quality?
Do you use the two handles or hydrolic

Ordered a new 460 steyr , for foxing and deer, barnes has confirmed the use ofthe 500gn triple point .458 bullet , said i may loose some petals at that speed
Should be fun

I would go corbin,rce,or hollywood and not in any particular order. They each have their strong points.

There are a couple used hollywoood presses on another site.

help !!!!!!
cant decide between the ponsness or the corbin mega mite
i need to re-size 50bmg to 460 steyr/
as well as general loading for the 50
anybody got one , coments please

I've loaded over 5K rounds on an RCBS Ammomaster press. Their dies are good but the 50 caliber products made by CH4D are outstanding.

is the hollywood press still in production?

Yes, he's still kick-in but I don't know for how much longer.He's got to be close to 90 now. I have one of Richard Corbins presses and a hollywood and the RCE press has Quite a bit more leverage than the Hollywood does, as it should being a swaging press first. But the draw back is lenght of stroke.

If the .460 just takes a simple reduction and fireform to make the case the hollywood is fine but if you have to bump the shoulder back more than .25 to form go with either one of Richard or Dave Corbins preses and anneal the brass prior to forming it helps.

Here is my Hollywood setup. It is the best. His dies are the best I have ever used. However CH4D are TOP quality and as said before there is no telling how long he will be around. I can +1 CK's recommendations right on the money. I have had no problem at all bumping the shoulder to .50DTC with very little effort using Imperial sizing wax and would not think it would have any problems at all going .25 and I am still only using one of the two handles. The turret press has a removable rod that takes ALL the flex out of the turret and I have had near zero runout. Very very happy with it. Also as said above there is one on biggerhammer for sale. I do not know the seller so buyer beware.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...023#Post1086023

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1162793#Post1162793