• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the best AR10 stock?

Bumbellybeak

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
Illinois, USA
I have a simple RRA collapsible now; there must be better. Don't want/need the heavy Magpul adjustable, but there must be something better than what's on there now.

Re: What's the best AR10 stock?

VLTOR EMOD is nice. The bottom battery compartment makes a nice grip to hold the stock with your weak hand when sending precision shots. The UBR is not a bad choice either.

+1 on the EMOD.

2ajp36b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tflhnd1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody like the Knight's M110 SASS stock? </div></div>

Not for the Knight's price tag.

I have a POF 308 with a VLTOR E-MOD and it is an excellent collapsible stock. I also got to try out a Magpul UBR about a month ago and was very impressed with it as well except for the price tag of $275!

The E-MOD gets my vote just because of the price tag and availability as compared to the Magpul. Meaning...you can actually get the E-MOD and for only around $120 for just the stock itself.

Thats like asking if boobs or butts are better. 100% personal preference. +1 for butts BTW....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 99HMC4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats like asking if boobs or butts are better. 100% personal preference. +1 for butts BTW....
smile.gif
</div></div>

Indeed +1 for the butts... My AR10T came with an A2 stock and it's quite alright.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeyhotfizzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 99HMC4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats like asking if boobs or butts are better. 100% personal preference. +1 for butts BTW....
smile.gif
</div></div>

Indeed +1 for the butts... My AR10T came with an A2 stock and it's quite alright. </div></div>

+1 for the regular A2 stock. I might give the M110 stock a try if it wasn't priced so insanely.

VLTOR EMOD or LMT SOPMOD. See the RRA 'Operator' as well, looks like a budget LMT.

Nice thing about the VLTOR is the 'clubfoot' style shape, helps for offhand support. Got the water-tight battery compartment and 2 storage tubes. Little holes if u need to attach something with paracord like a trauma kit or what have you.

Nice thing about the SOPMOD is that it is a one piece deal unlike the VLTOR, which has little joints or teeth between the compartments that can snag on facial hair, but it lacks the clubfoot shape of the EMOD.

I like the Magpul UBR and PRS stocks. Really depends on with stock style you like but for one that slides the UBR locks up tight just like a fixed stock. A loose rear stock can have negetive effects on accuracy. Donald

DPMS 243
DSC00156.jpg

DPMS 308
DSC00152.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tflhnd1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody like the Knight's M110 SASS stock?</div></div>
I have one and like it, but the benefit of it is really only seen if their are multiple shooters using the same weapon, ie. they can adjust LOP/eye-relief without messing with the scope mount.