• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What's the best supressor for AR15

Firefour

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2005
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Finally going to get a supressor for my AR15. Semi auto. Need advise on make and model of supressors that can be taken apart for cleaning, and
if there is a most "popular".
Thanks

Re: What's the best upressor for AR15

You really don't need or want a take apart suppressor for a 223.Only 22lr. Get an AAC m2000 and be done with it. I see your in Oklahoma-contact MajorMalfunction.com he is in edmond. He has the best prices in the country and is a great guy. He will set you up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaeger_308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats the one I'm thinking about, The M4-2000 </div></div>

What about the SPR/M4?

In this day and age, the best suppressor is the one you have in hand. That's all that matters.

That being said, I have a Surefire FA762SSBK for .308 (waiting on ATF) and I plan on getting a AAC M4-2000 for the AR15.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 liter coke bottle! </div></div>

Dasani water bottle filled with shaving cream.(with a registered adapter)

A C2 buddy of mine (Dave Hineline) registered a adapter as a suppressor that used "wipes" that were old water bottles, we filled them with shaving cream and shot 3 10 round mags of .22 thru a P22 thru it, quiet as a mouse fart.

New water bottle "wipe" and 15 rounds of 9mm thru it before it blew the end out.

New water bottle "wipe" and 2 rounds of .223 before it blew the end out.

Pretty effective for something so crude.

Scott

AAC M4-2000 is great. Thats what I use.
I have a AAC M4-1000 on my 223 bolt gun. its awesome as well

You dont need to take them apart because most manufacturers build them so you CANT take them apart. Just soak them to clean or use an ultrasonic cleaner.

I also like the KAC can and Yankee Hill makes quality suppressors. Check them out!

Cleaning is not needed on a centerfire can. The reason that people want a take apart can is because they see that the rimfire cans are take apart and think that a centerfire should be take apart as well. Really a centerfire can that is take apart is going to be louder than a can that isnt take apart because it doesnt seal as well as a can that isnt take apart.

The reason you want to be able to take a rimfire can apart is because the projectile is all lead and a soft lead, when the powder burns it vaporizes some of the lead in the bullet. When it gets into the can the can does what its supposed to do, it traps and cools the hot gasses produced, it also cools the vaporized lead and it is deposited there on the baffles of the can.

A centerfire bullet is jacketed and think about how a smk is made, the jacket is drawn from the base of the bullet to the tip. So you really have no need to take a centerfire can apart.

As far as what is best? You really need to shoot each one and see which you prefer. Some sound better than others as tone goes. I like AAC products I have an M4-1000 mod 08 on my AR. Where the price difference in the cans is in the materials that are used, which leads to the weight and length of the can overall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaeger_308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats the one I'm thinking about, The M4-2000 </div></div>

What about the SPR/M4?</div></div>

There is a Skinny on this...

Enjoy!

Been checking prices on the AAC M4 2000 mod8,
looks like $895-$995 + 100 bucks for the mount.
Anyone happen to know of any less expensive dealers out there?
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1_ar_newbie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jaeger_308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats the one I'm thinking about, The M4-2000 </div></div>

What about the SPR/M4?</div></div>

There is a Skinny on this...

Enjoy! </div></div>

So the SPR/M4 IS better than the M4-2000, just like I thought.

Like I said get ahold of majormalfunction.com lowest prices in the nation.

I have the gem-tech G5 with bi lock QD mount, on my dpms mini sass, great for predator hunting, sounds great too.

Talked to major malfunction--out of stock--$925 plus $99
Found a few places in stock, less than $900

I am looking for this same suppressor. I don't need the QD flash hider, since it will be on my new build upper. I looked at majors website and they state the M4-2000 comes with a case and flash hider based on the information half way down on the home page. But contradicts later saying Note: QD mount sold separately at MSRP of $995. Not that great of a deal. Especially when you have locals in stock for less. Good luck.

Re: What's the best supressor for AR15

Gemtech M402, screw on, under 5 hundy!..... EXPECT $200 more if you want one with Quick connect/ disconnect.