• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the deal with this new MO gun control bill?

"McDaniel Militia Act"

Some Source online said:
Introduced last month by state Representative Andrew McDaniel (R-Deering), the bill, titled the "McDaniel Militia Act," would create a state tax credit (capped at $1 million annually) to function as an incentive for residents not yet strapped with Big Government's preferred Big Gun — the AR-15. Purchasers could then claim the tax credit on up to 75 percent of the gun's cost.

The bill's text states, "Any person who qualifies as a resident on August 28, 2019, and who does not own an AR-15 shall have one year to purchase an AR-15... Every resident of this state shall own at least one AR-15" [emphasis added].

And that's not even McDaniel's only bill aiming to arm the masses: Two days before introducing his Militia Act, the Bootheel-area representative introduced the "McDaniel Second Amendment Act," which "requires every person 21 years of age or older who can legally possess a firearm to own a handgun."

In contrast to McDaniel's Militia Act, the handgun-focused bill specifies that Missourians purchase "a pistol, revolver, or other firearm designed to be held in one hand that is capable of firing .22 caliber ammunition or larger." (Purchasers could again receive a tax credit for complying with the law.)

Absolutely Based.
75% off of a Noveske/LMT (fuck Daniel Defense antigun donating cucks)

Imagine having legislators that arent hand wringers hell bent on destroying your rights and sovereignty "for the children/poor migrants/muh fee fees"

Holy crap! We need some people like that, with spines, here in Florida legislature.

It will be interesting will be seeing the crime rate numbers drop in the next two years.

Reactions: Ravenworks
SB 367 - This act creates the "Second Amendment Preservation Act", and lists various declarations of the Missouri General Assembly regarding the United States Constitution and the scope of the federal government's authority. In addition, the act declares that federal supremacy does not apply to federal laws that restrict or prohibit the manufacture, ownership, and use of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition within the state because such laws exceed the scope of the federal government's authority. Laws necessary for the regulation of the land and the United States Armed Forces are excluded from the types of federal firearms laws that exceed federal authority.

This act declares as invalid all federal laws that infringe on the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution. Some laws declared invalid under this act include certain taxes, certain registration and tracking laws, certain prohibitions on the possession, ownership, use, or transfer of a specific type of firearm, and confiscation orders.

The act declares that it is the duty of the courts and law enforcement agencies to protect the rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.

Under this act, no public officer or state or local employee has the authority to enforce firearms laws declared invalid by the act.

Any public officer or state or local employee who tries to enforce the firearms declared invalid by the act or any person who acts under the color of law to deprive a Missouri citizen of rights or privileges ensured by the federal and state constitutions shall be liable for redress. In such an action attorney's fees and costs may be awarded, and official or qualified immunity shall not be available to the defendant as a defense. Such officer or employee may also be prohibited from serving as a law enforcement officer for the state or political subdivision.

This act contains a severability clause.

This act is similar to HB 786 (2019), HB 1760 (2018), and similar to provisions in HB 1439 (2014).
CHARLEY MERRIWEATHER

So far, this law has been proposed, but hasn't made it to a vote yet. It will be interesting to see if it can first make it onto the floor for a vote, then to see if it passes, and finally whether the governor will sign the bill into law. While the mere proposal of this law is encouraging, it is a very long way from being a law.

SB 367 - This act creates the "Second Amendment Preservation Act", and lists various declarations of the Missouri General Assembly regarding the United States Constitution and the scope of the federal government's authority. In addition, the act declares that federal supremacy does not apply to federal laws that restrict or prohibit the manufacture, ownership, and use of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition within the state because such laws exceed the scope of the federal government's authority. Laws necessary for the regulation of the land and the United States Armed Forces are excluded from the types of federal firearms laws that exceed federal authority.

This act declares as invalid all federal laws that infringe on the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution. Some laws declared invalid under this act include certain taxes, certain registration and tracking laws, certain prohibitions on the possession, ownership, use, or transfer of a specific type of firearm, and confiscation orders.

The act declares that it is the duty of the courts and law enforcement agencies to protect the rights of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms.

Under this act, no public officer or state or local employee has the authority to enforce firearms laws declared invalid by the act.

Any public officer or state or local employee who tries to enforce the firearms declared invalid by the act or any person who acts under the color of law to deprive a Missouri citizen of rights or privileges ensured by the federal and state constitutions shall be liable for redress. In such an action attorney's fees and costs may be awarded, and official or qualified immunity shall not be available to the defendant as a defense. Such officer or employee may also be prohibited from serving as a law enforcement officer for the state or political subdivision.

This act contains a severability clause.

This act is similar to HB 786 (2019), HB 1760 (2018), and similar to provisions in HB 1439 (2014).
CHARLEY MERRIWEATHER

So far, this law has been proposed, but hasn't made it to a vote yet. It will be interesting to see if it can first make it onto the floor for a vote, then to see if it passes, and finally whether the governor will sign the bill into law. While the mere proposal of this law is encouraging, it is a very long way from being a law.

The Article i read stated that it already went to a vote and passed 23-10?

Hi,

Update this thread when the Governor signs off (Governor in 2014 Vetoed it) on it AND someone manufacturers publicly a new Auto MG and new Suppressor for over the counter sales without going through Federal Laws.

So is MO going to implement its' own Firearms License Division because any FFL holder "following" MO law would still be subject to legal actions because they sign and acknowledge they will follow Federal Laws in regards to Firearms.

IIRC Montana passed this type of law several years ago yet NO Company has manufactured anything going against Federal Firearm Laws.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Update this thread when the Governor signs off (Governor in 2014 Vetoed it) on it AND someone manufacturers publicly a new Auto MG and new Suppressor for over the counter sales without going through Federal Laws.

So is MO going to implement its' own Firearms License Division because any FFL holder "following" MO law would still be subject to legal actions because they sign and acknowledge they will follow Federal Laws in regards to Firearms.

IIRC Montana passed this type of law several years ago yet NO Company has manufactured anything going against Federal Firearm Laws.

Sincerely,
Theis

That's kinda what i was getting at. It doesn't really change much unless you want to "rig" something up in your garage and even then someone with a Marshal badge could still probably get their way. Makes me curious as to how this could gain momentum if all "red states" were to follow suit.

Reactions: Foul Mike
In all honesty, it’s just a statement to let everyone know we ain’t gonna put roll over and let the goof balls get a foothold.
At least until the blues start their planned migration to MO to change the cities to blue. See Texas.

Mighty MO is starting to look good to me, lived there a short stent 23 yrs ago. I just might have to rekindle that flame, Might have to settle in close to Kansas city by uncle George !

I'm hoping Oklahoma takes such a firm stance. We are doing pretty well, can't complain at least. But always work to be done.

Mighty MO is starting to look good to me, lived there a short stent 23 yrs ago. I just might have to rekindle that flame, Might have to settle in close to Kansas city by uncle George !
Say hi to my liberal brother when you get there.

"McDaniel Militia Act"

Absolutely Based.
75% off of a Noveske/LMT (fuck Daniel Defense antigun donating cucks)

Imagine having legislators that arent hand wringers hell bent on destroying your rights and sovereignty "for the children/poor migrants/muh fee fees"

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about! The anti's, they're busy throwing as much shit at the wall, hoping, KNOWING that one day, one will stick, just gotta keep it up.

Well, for every one of their POS bills they try to get to stick, we should have two or three. Eventually one will stick. Only I think the bills written by pro firearms owners will be worded in a way they actually do stick and are held up by the Constitution. Just gotta keep 'em coming. Fight fire with fire.

Sitting here bitching to each other about it ain't getting anything done. We need to be more active. I'll defend my rights down to the last bullet and speck of powder, but I'd much rather see it happen peacefully and with our nation intact, more or less.

Reactions: lash
This is EXACTLY what I was talking about! The anti's, they're busy throwing as much shit at the wall, hoping, KNOWING that one day, one will stick, just gotta keep it up.

Well, for every one of their POS bills they try to get to stick, we should have two or three. Eventually one will stick. Only I think the bills written by pro firearms owners will be worded in a way they actually do stick and are held up by the Constitution. Just gotta keep 'em coming. Fight fire with fire.

Sitting here bitching to each other about it ain't getting anything done. We need to be more active. I'll defend my rights down to the last bullet and speck of powder, but I'd much rather see it happen peacefully and with our nation intact, more or less.
Can I double like this?