• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whats the difference rem 40x????

Re: Whats the difference rem 40x????

well they both have at least one zero, the 700 has an extra zero and a seven, the 40x has an extra X and a 4 instead of a 7.

40X's come out of the custom shop, are somewhat hand picked and have a a 40X trigger.I think they used to have cut outs for stripper clips also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well they both have at least one zero, the 700 has an extra zero and a seven, the 40x has an extra X and a 4 instead of a 7.</div></div>

Why does a Monty Python routine pop in my head.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well they both have at least one zero, the 700 has an extra zero and a seven, the 40x has an extra X and a 4 instead of a 7.</div></div>

Why does a Monty Python routine pop in my head.
laugh.gif
</div></div>
That would be one more than 6 and less than 8. If you would have wanted 10, then you would need to take away 3.
What is your favorite?
Love Monty Python.....

I don't believe there is a single shot 700, and though I know they make a 40x repeater, it is designated as a repeater because it is a deviation from the traditionally single shot action. Basically the 40x is their competition/target line, and the 700 is their sporting line. I know there are many models out there, but that is what it was originally started as I believe.

Dave

Where behind the rabbit.

This was information I gathered while considering a Alaskan Wilderness Rifle, but it think it holds true for most custom shop Remington IE 40x. The barrels are "hand selected", when I asked he said exactly that they hand pick (out of the pile of them ?)a remington made hammer forged barrel. He would not tell me if it was chambered in the custom shop or if it was done on production equipment. They do have a externally adjustible trigger and normally shoot lights out. An LEO sniper in my town has a 40x tactical in 308 and it shoots very well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF!!! </div></div>

LOL sorry bud I had to do it, was hard not to pass it up....

40x is machined after heat treating, barrels are made by hart and some other decent end barrel manufacturers, they do not come off the production line, I have a 40X made in 1968 that is dated and a shilen also has the regular Rem proof marks. You can get them in Repeaters and Singles, mostly singles, and if you order a magnum you get a short action single shot. IE 7 REM mag=Short action single.

Tolerances are usually the best Rem has to offer, trigger is adjustable while the rifle is in the stock, although Remington has put this trigger on the new XCR tactical also,