• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the poop on the new Savage Tac rifle ?

Re: What's the poop on the new Savage Tac rifle ?

Haven't shot one but they certainly look interesting... And generally Savages shoot well... FWIW

Which rifle? I've now shot the 10FP, the 10FCP, and I own the 10FCP-K. Sub MOA right out of the box with FGMM, Georgia Arms or HSM ammo. Nothing needed. With tuned hand loads it is way under MOA, even my shaky ass can shoot MOA to 400 or 500 if I'm not fighting wind.

I'm guessing that you are referring to the 110 BA http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/ since you mentioned ELR.

I have no experience with the 110 BA but if it is made as well as the 10 FCP-K then it is well worth the money. Here are my amateur observvations on the 10FCP-K http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69067. I sold it to finance my NF 5.5-22 but I will be buying another one. No firsthand experience with the 10 BA (yet) but I did ALOT of research on Savage before I bought and found no real criticisms of the rifles they build, unlike big green they are pretty serious about catering to shooters other than the Fudds.

...yea I was asking about the 110 BA...

...I saw a photo in the gallery and figured that some one from the forum must be shooting one...

Some guy at my range has the 10 BAS-K. It looks very similar to the 110 BA.

Personally I think they are really awkward to shoot and pretty fugly.

They are also pricey for what they are.

GG

I dont find that that ugly... perhaps the side rails arent needed, but regardless they seem like a good value for money rifle

I went out with a buddy today that just bought the 110 BA and I have to say from an ergonomic standpoint that it felt pretty comfortable. Because the weather was bad we did not doing groupings on paper; however, we did shoot some steel targets out to 550yds & as you would expect it had no problem hitting it's mark.

It's a pretty affordable way to jump into shooting a .338 Lapua; additionally, Savage does have a good reputation for cranking out quality factory barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.americanrifleman.org/ArticlePage.aspx?id=2162&cid=1

Seems like decent accuracy.

</div></div>

Hard to say. They only quote their best group - not a typical group. That being said, their 5 shot/5 group average - while still quoted as their best of the day, should be within 10% of the typical MOA. Since they got 0.9, then it is a true 1 MOA rifle. Which is pretty good for this number of rounds.

Given that this was off the shelf ammo also speaks to the rifles abilities. The side rails are a bit much, I agree. Ugly? I don't know about that, but I never have seen many truly purpose built tactical rifles that I find to be pretty myself. I handled one at Cabela's and thought that it felt great. Just not my style of rifle, but being a Savage, I would have zero doubts that it will shoot lights out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont find that that ugly... </div></div>

I do, but if it shoots............

I thought about the 10 BAS when I bought the new rifle, I actually like the way it looks. But I could see me walking up to a local farmer's house after getting permission to hunt his bean field with it hanging from my shoulder. That'd go over like a turd in the punch bowl.
laugh.gif

Also didn't wanna hump that monster thru the brush to get to the open areas. I hate stand hunting.
frown.gif

I think Special Weapons and Tactics was shooting well under MOA with Black Hills, iirc, in their tests a couple years back. I'll see if I can find the article.

Anyone on here picked up the 10 or 110? Any feedback on these guns?

hey i got the new police tactical with 20" barrel,accu stock,accu trigger.its the 308.it shoots very well.i have a ss10x scope mountedin leopold ring n bases.i was shooting with some friends in south dakota at a range near farmingdale i had no problems hitting clay pigions at 300yrds on called shots. i was shooting fed brass fulley prepped,41.6 grains imr4895,168 amax.its the first handloads i made for the gun. i would say clay pigions @ 300 on my handloads is in my opinion very good at least for me.

The shooter on the next bench had one at the range yesterday. Thought that the rifle was cool. The $300.00 Cabelas scope that was on it didn't thrill me much though.

I have the new 10 BAS-K. Out of the box with a cheap $100 Chinese scope using the Remington Match Grade ammo, it will hold a 5 round group to less than 0.750". I have tried close to 20 different off the shelf loads for the rifle and this was the best group yet. My wife and son-in-law have the 10flcp-k & the 10fcp-k, they have not got theirs set up yet. Hopefully by this weekend they will be done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McKinneyMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Given that this was off the shelf ammo also speaks to the rifles abilities. The side rails are a bit much, I agree. Ugly? I don't know about that, but I never have seen many truly purpose built tactical rifles that I find to be pretty myself. I handled one at Cabela's and thought that it felt great. Just not my style of rifle, but being a Savage, I would have zero doubts that it will shoot lights out.</div></div>

there you have it boys and girls.......the pro from Dover has spoken