• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's the strangest thing you've done to fund your gun problem?

Napeequa55

Private
Minuteman
May 20, 2020
I'm 32 years old and I'm selling my Pokemon card collection to fund my gun problem.

I collected Pokemon cards like most kids my age when I was 10, back when the original cardset was sold in stores. When I lost interest I traded all of my cards to other kids for rarer cards, consolidating the value into just a handful of the rarest cards in circulation. Then I stored them away for two decades. Now my collection is worth about $3,000 and I'm slinging them on eBay to upgrade some of my optics.

What's the strangest thing you've sold or otherwise done to free up cash to fund your shooting hobby?

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
Not buying everything on a credit card to appease a sense of instant gratification...

Reactions: Sixfivesavage
1591396932642.png

I refuse to even consider my guns as a “problem”.
Mainly because admitting you have a problem would mean it was something you wanted to fix, cure, or stop.
Not a chance.
I’m on a quest to find my perfect firearm.....
Even when I think maybe I found it, I later change my mind.
So I don’t have a “problem”.
Just don’t ask my wife!

I'm 32 years old and I'm selling my Pokemon card collection to fund my gun problem.

I collected Pokemon cards like most kids my age when I was 10, back when the original cardset was sold in stores. When I lost interest I traded all of my cards to other kids for rarer cards, consolidating the value into just a handful of the rarest cards in circulation. Then I stored them away for two decades. Now my collection is worth about $3,000 and I'm slinging them on eBay to upgrade some of my optics.

What's the strangest thing you've sold or otherwise done to free up cash to fund your shooting hobby?

Christ. How many cards did you have?

My 8 year old collects pokemon cards.

I have no idea what my Pokémon collection is worth as I haven’t touched it for 20 years but I’m hoping my parents haven’t thrown it away at their house.

makes me feel lazy i just save money up slowly but surely to afford a new gun ? id sell you a cousin if there were any takers years ago when I was way younger not that i would not still do it to a few of them got to make family worth something somehow and quite a few of them no one would miss i am pretty sure . lol

I sold 6 other guns to a buddy in a package deal, to fund a new Barrett MRAD in 300-WM.
Then I spent that same value in MRAD accessories and barrel conversion kits.
Now I'm buying my original guns back from my buddy who's saying "I told you so".
End result: I'm spending 3x the original "savings" that funded the MRAD and trying to convince my wife that it's a 300% return on investment.
My strategy isn't working very well ...

I bought a 1976 Smith 29-2 in 2012 using Silver Eagles... I think silver at the time was $35/oz. I want to say the guy at the shop actually gave me about $40 per so I got a better deal than paying cash... Silver has so far not recovered to those levels while the gun has at least trippled in value if not quadrupled. I know I got the better end of that deal.

Reactions: Napeequa55
Well, I retired and am now enjoying my white privilege solely due to my unopened collection of 1980's Star Wars action figures. Who would've guessed those $2.00 Yoda and Darth Vader action figures I begged my mom for 40 years ago would now be financing my life of opulence :)

Pimping a crew of manwhores. Damnit Grandpa! Put some hustle in that mangina!

Last edited:
Sold my family to a nice Eastern European gentleman in a track suit.

That money, combined with what I make from giving sad handies, makes for a nice gun slush fund.
Adidas track suite? Blue with white stripes?

Sorry, statue of limitations and all.

Recently, I sold my M24/47 that I bought from Mitchells Mausers for I think, $300 bucks to a coworker who doesn't know jack about world war 2 era rifles for $650, simply because the stock was new and to him "It looks brand new!". I only felt slightly bad....But, It wasn't personal, it was business. :ROFLMAO: I used that money to order a McMillan M40A-1 stock for a replica I'm building for my R-700(if it ever comes back from PVA for a rebarrel? Patience is getting thin).

Last edited:
Reactions: Napeequa55
Sounds like we have a Barney fan here boys...
Actually, I forgot about my best deal... right before the AWB I bought a case of 10 Norinco AK's. All brand new. $200 each, roughly. Might have been cheaper.

After the AWB, sold them all for something like $2K each. Used the cash to make a down payment on my first house and paid off my Ford Bronco.

My buddy Paul did the same thing, but he was making more money at the time. He bought Two cases of Norinco AK's. Funded down payments on two rental properties in NC with the funds.

At the same time, I traded my POS Mini-14 (with a Choate folding stock) for my first real precision rifle (which I still have) a Remington Varmint Special in .223... heavy barrel, BDL trim.

As for the ZJ for the Luger... let's just forget about that. M'Kay? It is a DWM 1917 though. Lots of straw finish.

Sirhr

Day I discovered the Honey Hole Gun Shop...

1591655482975.png
should that be Glory Hole?

Got a Coworker that sells Star Wars dollies.....he makes a good buck on what to me were BB gun targets.
Strike anywhere matches loaded in a pellet rifle, glanced off something to light it up. ;-)

Reactions: pmclaine