• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Whats the word on the gen 2 xr reticle

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
I see the gen 2 mildot everywhere, but hardly any gen 2 xr. Is this reticle not taking offlike the gen 2 mildot? Has there been a review on it? Im a little worrid about it being a tad busy, but then the horus taked busy to a new level. I was just curious how the gen xr was doing.

Re: Whats the word on the gen 2 xr reticle

I like mine. it's really fine especially below 5x. I prefer fine reticles though. I haven't had it out in the field yet. at the range it's great and doesn't seem too busy. I could see where the reticle could be hard to pick up or wash out below 5x but I haven't had any issues when playing with it around the house in varying conditions.

My only complaint is that the mil dots on the main reticle should be .2 mils instead of .1. The dots are smaller and less noticeable than the half-mil hashes. Seems backwards. The only other thing I wish it had is .2 hash marks out at the end for fine ranging a la P4 reticle. Other than that, its not too busy at all. It works VERY well for multiple distance/target holdoffs. The more I shoot it the more I love it.

I just used mine for the first time yesterday. Haven't spent nearly enough time to form a solid opinion on it yet, but rksimple hit all my initial impressions dead on.

I wish I could put the MP-8 dot reticle from the SH IOR 3-18 in everything I own.