• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What's this AR15 worth?

Blackrifle1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Im selling my Spike's AR15 CQC-22 (5.56mm)Package and want your HONEST OPINION on the value.

(5.56mm rifle) It includes a Spike's Tactical AR15, Emerson knife and Spike's rifle bag. The rifle has about 620 rounds fired, the knife has never been used and the rifle bag is only used to store the weapon. I use a different bag to take it to the range. The rifle is ALL black, so is the rifle bag.

EVERYTHING is in EXCELLENT (or new) condition. I was going to sell it as a total package. I honestly have approx. $2,100 into this rifle.

I have made the following improvements/additions
-BCM charging handle
-Picatinny rail covers
-Larue cheek riser
-Burris PEPR QD mount
-Burris MTAC 1-4x24 tactical scope (with illumination)
-forward grip
-Magpul Gen2 front/rear BUIS sights
-Spikes spider logo in white
-punisher logo in white
-dust cover has US flag on it and Emerson knife logo
-Muzzle compensator upgrade (not sure what brand- but works!!)

*Atlas bipod is NOT for sale with this package

SEE PICTURES HERE.............

photobucket.com/AR15spikestactical (p/w: spikes)

Please tell me what you thinks it's worth - need to sell- thanks!

Re: What's this AR15 worth?

Always sell scopes separately.

You may get $800 for this setup without the scope. With the introduction of the S&W M&P .22, the market for Spikes disappeared.

Better to part it out like a junkyard does. You will get more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Always sell scopes separately.

You may get $800 for this setup without the scope. With the introduction of the S&W M&P .22, the market for Spikes disappeared.

Better to part it out like a junkyard does. You will get more. </div></div>

Thanks for the input - I think you did read it incorrectly....it IS a 5.56mm rifle. Spike's did a .22lr and 5.56mm version of this package and named them both CQC-22 (doesn't make sense to me why they named them both the same)

$900 for the rifle
$300 for the scope and mount

Keep the bag for your next rifle.

No clue what that knife is worth.

I would be surprised if you could get $1200 out of that entire package. I'm amazed that you said you put $2100 into it.

Like the other guy said, part it out. Worth more that way, no one is looking for a collectors edition "Spikes & Emerson" CQC package deal used.

Just cause the Spikes & Emerson fans bought them as a kit doesn't make it any more valuable than typical AR parts.

Take it to a gunshow, and put a grand on the tag. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you get it. Everyone is wanting an AR platform right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm amazed that you said you put $2100 into it.</div></div>

I don't understand why you think that's so hard to believe??? The rifle, rifle bag and knife package was about $1,450 (rifle comes with upgraded barrel, trigger, K&N anti rotation pins, etc..) The scope and mount $500, the BCM charging handle $60, Magpul Gen2 sights $85, forward grip $25, etc.... From what I'm told - the Emerson knife is valued around a couple hundred dollars. It does add up quickly.

If I were to buy it as a used rifle and depreciate the cost of every part about ~15% from it's retail price today (while ignoring fancy logos) I'd offer $1000 max. The thing is that some of the listed parts are worthless to me and I wouldn't want to pay for them.... Someone wants each and every one of those parts, but the chances of finding someone who is willing to pay for all of them as a package are slim to none.

It doesn't sound like you're enjoying the replies very much.

Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter what the subject matter is (gun, camera, watch, etc...), except for a unique collectors edition and a few obscure types of items, you can expect to get about half what you paid for most things. This assumes it's in great condition. If it will make you angry loosing that much of it's value, you should keep it.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Athhud-</span> I understand and I would be willing to sell it as a package or separate it.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Grey </span>- Not necessarily. I understand it's worth whatever people will pay for the rifle. I'm realistic, it is what it is. I was replying to the guy that said he didn't know how I had approx. $2,100 into the entire package.

I figured it would be worth around $1,250 for the entire package as a used rifle.

you will prob get $300 more splitting up the rifle, optic, and knife
i think its a nice set up

I know you stated you "need to sell," but in what timeframe? You know there is a rather large event occurring in another couple of months that tends to make the prices of these types of rifles do nothing short of skyrocket. If you can wait until then...

If you paid $60 for a BCM CH, you got ripped. Their price is $45. And with a C&R you can get em for $40. I'm testing a Phase 5 right now, and I think I'm going to have to replace my BCM's.
If this election gets anymore screwed up you may be able to get $5 grand out of it. Remember the good ole Clinton days when a 30rd 10/22 mag was $100? Ahhh the memories

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groundhogbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you paid $60 for a BCM CH, you got ripped. Their price is $45. And with a C&R you can get em for $40. I'm testing a Phase 5 right now, and I think I'm going to have to replace my BCM's.
If this election gets anymore screwed up you may be able to get $5 grand out of it. Remember the good ole Clinton days when a 30rd 10/22 mag was $100? Ahhh the memories </div></div>

technically when you dd tax and shipping I paid $59. It is what it is. I do think I'm going to hold onto it for a while instead of selling it.