• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing What's up with Badger Ordnance bottom metals?

biglakesrule

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2007
Grand Haven, MI
Is there something going on that I'm not aware of with the badger M5 bottom metal + mag deal? Seems like everyone that "sells them" is out of stock with no indication of when more will show up. As for the "big retailers", Midway had at least one earlier today, but by the time I actually went to buy it, it was listed as out of stock with "no backorder." Brownells used to sell them, but I can't even find it there anymore. Are these destined to be replaced with a new design or something?

If I'm missing somewhere that has them for the roughly-going-rate of $340, I'd appreciate a heads up (.308). I checked the hide-vendors that sell this product (that I know of) and places listed on the badger web page...

Re: What's up with Badger Ordnance bottom metals?

Not that I have heard. They are just very popular.

They just work, no gimmics, just reliable bottom metal. So they sell, a lot.

It just slays me that they went from "seemingly available everywhere" to "can't find one anywhere."

I'm thinking I'll buy Surgeon's bottom metal instead, since I think the group buy said they'd have them available in March. I missed the GB pricing, but oh well...

I called, bottom metals from Surgeon should be ready/available next week, so I ordered one. They'll ship it with my action (from the GB) so no extra shipping charges. Done and done. Maybe someday I'll get my hands on a Badger for comparison... *shrug*

Thanks for the info.

I have used lots of Badgers and like them for the most part. The issues I have with them is the sharp edges around the trigger guard and the price. Overall I like them, I might try out one of the other guys soon for the heck of it.

Mark

I ordered one a week ago, and it was the last one available. Glad I got it in time...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have another option...:) </div></div>

^ +1 i went with Jeff's option. and Jeff, i wish i had let you inlet it for me. i'm still itchin from that damn dust.

chuck
the gun shop
denison,tx

Like anything else rifle related, if its worth a shit, it ain't easy to get

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RQI</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like anything else rifle related, if its worth a shit, it ain't easy to get</div></div>

I understand your point, but there are MANY other things that are worth really good shit ("That's a good brand of shit!" — the late Dan Schultz) and are readily available. I suspect there's some kind of increase in "new rifle builds" going on either due to tax refunds, new-year in general, group buys, etc. etc. Or maybe that's just conspiracy theory
wink.gif

Cheers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have another option...:) </div></div>
Very impressive stuff there Jeff, check your emails man Im onto your products in a big way.

Jeff has good stuff there. Very nice fellow as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">APA has a new one out too.

fingerrelease.jpg
</div></div>
Anyone got a link for these.

Check the commercial sales thread, They have them in stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gamma</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">APA has a new one out too.

fingerrelease.jpg
</div></div>
Anyone got a link for these. </div></div>

http://www.americanprecisionarms.com/default.aspx

Give these guys a call. I believe the pricing will be along the lines of the Badger M5.